View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The thing is though a company aren't going to know what, if anything is going to be cut until they buy the title and get it ready for release. Sure they could think "Nah, this will have too many cuts by the BBFC, no point releasing it" but this line of thinking would have likely lead to never putting out Cannibal Holocaust (who here thought they'd only require 14 seconds of cuts to this?). I do agree that if the cuts are so heavy and ruin the narrative flow of the film then it's a waste of time but in the instances of cutting I've seen from Shameless so far it's not really noticeable.

Plus, you have to bear in mind that while everyone here is aware of how to get uncut copies via importing R1 discs, people with a general and casual interest in cult films who do the bulk of their shopping on the high street might not and might not be bothered about the cuts. Obviously there are people on here who won't entertain the notion of a cut film when a complete alternative is available but there are those who don't see it as that much of an issue

Me personally, I don't mind so much. It's not as if these releases are cut by Shameless and it's not like Shameless don't do everything they can to get them through as complete as possible. The way I see it is every release like CH or HOTEOTP is a further step at challenging the outdate Draconian censorship rules at the BBFC.