View Single Post
Old 24th September 2011, 05:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Someone mentioned on here (or another thread) about base.com where you can get 5 DVDs for a tenner, so I did and I got 'em.
Seen three of them before (I'm particularly looking forward to watching The Hunted and The Hidden again because of the Shinkansen massacre in the former and the cool gun in the latter). I picked up Intolerance because of Mark Cousin's fantastic series The Story Of Film and In Dreams, well I dunno really; Neil Jordan and Robert Downey Jr. it can't be all that bad eh?
And Freejack - just curious to see if it was as dull as I remember
The Hunted is pretty cool, and I actually like Freejack. I was pretty bummed when it was released because there was a great still from the movie in Fangoria, showing the "entertainment" at the Industrial Revolution Club. In the film, Alex walks down the stairs and sees a large steel shutter lift at the front of the stage. You quickly glimpse someone and nothing more. The still in Fangoria showed someone being beheaded with a sword. You can still hear the crowd cheering at a certain point, presumably as the guy loses his head. No idea why they didn't use it.