View Single Post
Old 27th September 2011, 05:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Night Gallery?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice.s.aaron View Post
When I was a 10 year old kid, I saw an episode of Night Gallery in syndication that shook me to my foundations. I don't know which episode it was, though. I've been through the various episode guides in search of it and none of the descriptions seem to match my memory of the show.

I don't know the entire plot of the episode, but the visuals that stand out are of a man or two men walking outside at night and some sort of shadowy creature is watching him/them from within some bushes. All you could see of the creature were his glowing red eyes. The creature seemed to be following them. A scene later on was, if I recall, in a basement room, possibly a study, and characters saw the eyes staring in through the high windows from ground level outside. By the end of the episode, the creature itself finally appeared and I think killed one of the other characters. It was fairly ape-like or maybe wolf-like. But had the red eyes. Those images haunted me for a long time.

The closest episode description I've found in the episode guides is Pickman's Model. I watched some of it on Hulu to see if it was the one. But while the creature from it is certainly scary enough, there are no outdoor night time scenes in the version on Hulu. And I don't remember the monster attack at the end being nearly as drawn out as Pickman's Model.

Any suggestions for what this episode might be?
Hey Juice, is there any possibility that this was not a Night Gallery episode?

The only one that this vaguely sounds like to me is a season 3 episode
called 'Hatred Unto Death' starring Steve Forrest of S.W.A.T. fame.

Not allowed to post links yet...but look at imdb for more info.

From what you describe, it sounds even more like an episode from the 80's
Creepshow movie called 'The Crate' with Fritz Weaver, Hal Holbrook and
Adrienne Barbeau.

Possibility?