View Single Post
Old 4th October 2011, 07:27 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

On the one hand, I am happy to see that the movie is moving forward. But I share the reservations of everyone else. How does everyone feel about the other names on the list? For me it comes down to:

1. Christopher Nolan - A million times YES!!
2. Alfonso Cuaron - Another potantially good choice I think.
3. David Yates - Hard for me to say; I haven't seen any of his films, but he seems to be an up and comer, so I guess there's potential there.
4. Michael Bay - How he's even on the list is beyond me.

The single story thing is indeed something to chew over. On the one hand I do agree that it doesn't seem to be a good fit, and I tend to go with Collectors Room in that Spielberg had the right idea, it just wasn't executed well.

But...

I've mentioned before on the podcast that I think the true Twilight Zone movie is the original Planet of the Apes. And then I recall Marc Zicree's comments about several movies being Twilight Zone movies in spirit even if they aren't by name (The Sixth Sense etc). If they could have a movie every couple of years with the same host, that would eventually build into a long running collection of Twilight Zone films, it could work. The only problem is, all it would take is one dud to kill the whole enterprise.

I don't know. I'm very conflicted on this one. Interestingly I have quite a collection of Twilight Zone books, and three of them are a trilogy of full length Twilight Zone novels that all tie into each other. How that story works I'm curious to find out, I haven't read them yet, but that's pushing the boundaries even further than one movie.

Lots to think about!! But my fingers are crossed for Nolan.