View Single Post
Old 10th December 2008, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD for me. Out of all the series that is the only one that is consistently entertaining. The other 3 have a lot of padding out but with part 2 you're in the company of the templar knights for nearly all of its duration and the church setting was very apt.

TOMBS is good and features a stunning ending. THE GHOST GALLEON has the best ending of the lot and I'd even go as far as to call it on of the all time great endings. Unfortunately I had to sit through about 80 minutes of tedium to get to that point. It's not a complete train wreck but its plot is weak and underlines why they should have kept it more simple like the rest and the characters on show were lame. It's a shame because its boat setting could have elevated it above the rest. I view it a missed opportunity.

NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS is one that I was after for ages prior to its eventual DVD release. The tape never used to show up on eBay though. I love the Pre-Cert artwork!
The film itself is stunningly atmospheric with great nighttime shots of the knights riding from their castle and across the beach. The seaside town helps conjure up a stunning feel but I think it suffered an almost Mardi Gras Massacre like repetition for its first 60 minutes and the tedium bogged it down a little bit too much. A decent(ish) finale though.

1) RETURN
2) TOMBS
3) NIGHT OF THE SEA GULLS
4) GHOST GALLEON