View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 03:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've had a few arrivals lately.

Night of the Creeps - As good as I remember it and the BD looks incredible. One of the very best HD transfers I've seen yet.

Children of the Corn - Managed to get the region-free BD from Starz before it went OOP. I have a soft spot for the film and the BD looks great. Well worth adding to the collection.

My Bloody Valentine - Had to have the original on BD and Lionsgate do a top rate job with the transfer. Even the added footage looks way better than it did on DVD.

The Fly - Cronenberg's film is a textbook example of how to do a remake. Forgotten just how good Goldblum is, shame we don't see him in films much these days. Cracking HD transfer that really breathes new life into the movie.

Face/Off - Discovered it was still the old BBFC cut version, which sucks. And the transfer on this BD seems a bit sub-par to me. It lacks that HD bite that sets it apart from DVD. I have a sneaky suspicion that it's more akin to an upscaled and uncompressed SD transfer rather than a true HD makeover. It seemed to lack detail and didn't seem as clean and sharp as an HD transfer should be.

The Green Mile - I'm a huge fan of Stephen King so it's no surprise I picked this up. Darabont directs with a sure hand and the cast are extremely good, even Hanks, whom I usually dislike. Terrfic HD transfer from Warners.