Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1920's And Earlier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2012, 11:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Faust (1926)

I 1st watched this film when I got it in a box set with Nosferatu and at 1st I thought it was going to be a sub par film that they sometimes just throw in to make a set. In the end I watched it and really enjoyed it - it was different to what I was expecting.

Now I have seen it on the MOC label and was thinking of buying it for £11.99 considering all the stuff you get with it and I was just thinking what do you lot think of it?.

I like how it starts with the 4 Horsemen Of The Apocaplypse riding round and to me the atmosphere it really good.
Old 25th September 2012, 10:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

F.W. Murnau is not only one of my favourite silent film directors, but one of my favourite directors, Full-Stop!

Faust seems to be one of his more unknown films (as opposed to Nosferatu and Sunrise). What amazes me about this film is how good the special effects are for it's time! It is also a great telling of the old folk tale.

I have Masters of Cinema edition and it is well worth the money.

Like this? Share it using the links below!