Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1950's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2010, 04:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I may take a bit of stick for this but Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell is my favourite Hammer film, closely followed by The Satanic Rites of Dracula.
The Satanic Rites Of Dracula is one of my favourite Hammer films too. It's very entertaining, and really good fun.

My favourite Frankenstein film is The Bride Of Frankenstein, from the Universal Studio's. Even better than the original.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
[B]

My favourite Frankenstein film is The Bride Of Frankenstein, from the Universal Studio's. Even better than the original.
Same here although I really like Curse of Frankenstein. I'm not really sure what my favourite Hammer film is although I would guess that it is the first Dracula film.
Old 4th November 2010, 01:59 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I may take a bit of stick for this but Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell is my favourite Hammer film, closely followed by The Satanic Rites of Dracula.
We need an uncut UK release for Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell badly! And The Satanic Rites of Dracula is due for release next year.
Old 4th November 2010, 04:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Same here although I really like Curse of Frankenstein. I'm not really sure what my favourite Hammer film is although I would guess that it is the first Dracula film.
Hammer's 1958 Dracula is probably one of their best films, along with The Nanny, and a few others.
Old 4th November 2010, 04:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
We need an uncut UK release for Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell badly! And The Satanic Rites of Dracula is due for release next year.
I've got the almost uncut German DVD of Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell, which was restored very nicely by Anolis.Where did you hear about the release of Satanic Rites from? I'd snap it up straight away if it's made available as a decent, uncut DVD or Blu-ray.
Old 4th November 2010, 04:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Where did you hear about the release of Satanic Rites from? I'd snap it up straight away if it's made available as a decent, uncut DVD or Blu-ray.
Same here. Any more info P-Mac?
Old 4th November 2010, 06:58 PM
Active Cultist

It was announced on Hammer's website. I also contacted Hammer through Twitter and they replied saying details will be released soon.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just to say, if anyone has Spotify on here, they have the audio version of this film - Hammer Presents Dracula With Christopher Lee - it's really quite good.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
It was announced on Hammer's website. I also contacted Hammer through Twitter and they replied saying details will be released soon.
That's great news. Thanks for the heads-up P.
Old 9th December 2010, 02:38 PM
Cultist in Training

I just got the UK release DVD of Prince of Darkness for cheap. Much better than the older Anchor Bay release (which I still love).

Like this? Share it using the links below!