Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1950's

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2014, 06:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

my copy arrived this morning. I have watched the film and all the extra features including the PDF file on dvd disc 2.
The film looks fantastic on blu ray. You have never seen the film look this good before. A real bonus was the X cert card before the film.

On my blu ray disc there is a picture glitch when Simon picks the eyes off the floor (008:17). The picture moves almost slow motion for about 2 seconds but the sound is okay. I have checked the 1.37:1 version and the dvd's and they are all okay. Can you let me know if your blu ray copy is the same or it's just mine that has this glitch. Thanks

Other than that...fantastic package.
Old 28th April 2014, 08:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Mine arrived today.
Keeping it for the bank holiday weekend!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th April 2014, 08:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

According to Amazon, mine was delivered today, I'm on my way home from the studio, so it'll be sat waiting for me when I get in

Edit: It was
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 28th April 2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 28th April 2014, 08:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Ordered mine from Play.com a few weeks ago. My order status says "Processing in warehouse", so much for the "We usually will have it delivered to you a day or so before release date", that they said when ordered.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 1st May 2014, 05:43 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Facebook statement regarding Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell:

Quote:
FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL UK BLU-RAY PLAYBACK ISSUE

"Icon Film Distribution have been made aware that some customers may have experienced technical glitches with the Blu-Ray & DVD release of Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.

We are working with both our manufacturer and technical laboratory to identify and resolve the issue and to clarify which players may be affected.

Icon takes a great pride in the presentation of all our DVD & Blu-ray releases and will do everything necessary to rectify any issues as soon as possible.

In the meantime we apologise to anybody affected and we will issue a further update by the end of the day Friday 2nd May."
Old 1st May 2014, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

What a damn shame this all is.
Amazon have now stopped selling the blu ray.
Old 1st May 2014, 09:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Probably the reason for the delay from Play.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

I can't wait to get my hands on this but it's a little too pricey for me at the moment. I'll just have to make do with the German DVD for the time being. It looks like a top notch release though!
Old 4th May 2014, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Is there anymore news on this, I fancy watching it, but I don't want to open it if it's to be recalled?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th May 2014, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Latest news....

Quote:
We are still in discussion with our manufacturer to clarify the situation and, based upon this, to work out how we will best resolve any problem discs. This will include a way for anybody who believes they have a faulty disc to receive a replacement free of change. We will update with further details about this on Tuesday 6th May. Thanks for your understanding!

Like this? Share it using the links below!