Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1960's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2011, 09:54 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
The Something Weird Video release is teamed up with "A Thousand Pleasures" which is more in the vein of the "Flesh Trilogy".
Thanks.
Old 29th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Default A Cool Film Neede for a Release In It's Uncut Form

I would love to see 'Corruption' released, it was made in 1967 but it's best seen in a version (availale only in France seemingly) called 'Laser Killer'. The movie starring the awesome Peter Cushing and dishy Sue Llloyd is potentially the forerunner to many exploitative medical horrors generated by Franju's 'Les Yeux Sans Visage'. I only managed to see this on a bootleg and I was amazed how graphic it was. Fortunately it was uncut and featured scenes that were excised from most prints and that Peter Cushing denied filming. It's drop jaw stuff especially seeing Cushing who is so graceful doing some nasty things to a prostitute in order to extract her pituitary gland. This I fear would never get a whistle a bells treatment. It's bloody good stuff though !!! A must see for genre fans also.
Old 29th June 2011, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've never seen Corruption, Heloch, but am a huge fan of Franju's Les Yeux Sans Visage so put me down as another who'd be interested in seeing this get released
Old 30th June 2011, 02:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Further Review About Corruption

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , please check out the review of the uncut version on this link to give you a flavour :

Ooops just found out I need to have made 15 posts before I can do this (???) I am sure it makes sense but it is a little frustrating.

If you go into google and key in the words celluloid teapot corruption , then it brings up a decent review as well as screenshots and a censorship history.

Enjoy .
Old 30th June 2011, 05:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloch Corbeau View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply , please check out the review of the uncut version on this link to give you a flavour :

Ooops just found out I need to have made 15 posts before I can do this (???) I am sure it makes sense but it is a little frustrating.

If you go into google and key in the words celluloid teapot corruption , then it brings up a decent review as well as screenshots and a censorship history.

Enjoy .
Thanks Heloch
Old 16th July 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it wasn't for Polanski, Quatermass and the Pit would be my favourite but, just as with Repulsion, Polanski shows how horror-comedies should be done with The Fearless Vampire Killers.
Old 16th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quatermass And The Pit - for sure!
Old 16th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If it wasn't for Polanski, Quatermass and the Pit would be my favourite but, just as with Repulsion, Polanski shows how horror-comedies should be done with The Fearless Vampire Killers.
Fell asleep watching The Fearless Vampire Killers last night. I don't know why but i always do - couldn't tell you what happens in the film after about 35 mins, don't think i have ever got further than that.
Old 16th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Fell asleep watching The Fearless Vampire Killers last night. I don't know why but i always do - couldn't tell you what happens in the film after about 35 mins, don't think i have ever got further than that.
You should probably watch it in the early afternoon after a big cup of espresso!
Old 16th July 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You should probably watch it in the early afternoon after a big cup of espresso!
True, i didn't even start it till 1.30am, no wonder really.

Like this? Share it using the links below!