Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1960's

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2011, 04:12 PM
Blogs Moderator

So much love for Quatermass!

I'll get a sub-forum set up and start threads for all films, TV and radio versions.
Old 25th September 2011, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
got the joh mills quatermass from america on amazon for a tenner and some nice chap sold me all his DD quatermass releases for a similar price.

Pre-ordered this blu-ray ages ago, was expecting it last monday but it got delayed still, looking forward to this one, hopefully it'll be good. Just got rid of my anchor bay quatermass and the pit, looks to have the same commentary track.

I'm a total nut for quatermass, and if anyone hasn't seen them, then this is as good a place to start as any!
Is it the full series? I thought the US one was a cut-down feature length one for some reason.

Never mind. Answered my own question at Rewind. Didn't realise it had both versions! Nice.
Old 25th September 2011, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Is it the full series? I thought the US one was a cut-down feature length one for some reason.

Never mind. Answered my own question at Rewind. Didn't realise it had both versions! Nice.
it has the movie version too. Main reason I got it was the uk one is PHENOMENALLY expensive. Its a damnned good series and a fitting send off for the character.
Old 25th September 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult Addict

incidentally, the budget dvd just released with the double bill of quatermass experiment and quatermass 2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quatermass-C...6973891&sr=1-2

is bare bones, but features the same prints as the DD release. worth picking up if your on a budget.
Old 25th September 2011, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

I love all of Hammer's Quatermass movies, but QATP is one of the best films in their entire catalogue. A superb blend of horror and science fiction, this is a day one purchase for me.
Old 25th September 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm hearing nothing but good things about this so pre-ordered, but am anxious as I've never seen any Quartermass movies before. I hope it's enjoyable. I hear it's the third in a trilogy, though...

Pottermore: SkyDragon113
Old 25th September 2011, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattery View Post
I'm hearing nothing but good things about this so pre-ordered, but am anxious as I've never seen any Quartermass movies before. I hope it's enjoyable. I hear it's the third in a trilogy, though...
It's the best of the three films and they're all completely unrelated story-wise. There's actually a fourth which was a TV series only which is also totally independent.

Actually, I should add that they were all TV shows once but the first three were remade as films by Hammer.
Old 25th September 2011, 07:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It's the best of the three films and they're all completely unrelated story-wise. There's actually a fourth which was a TV series only which is also totally independent.

Actually, I should add that they were all TV shows once but the first three were remade as films by Hammer.
Right - so this version of ...And The Pit is the Hammer one (which I would assume is of a higher production quality)? I'm interested in seeing the TV versions now as well.
Demoncrat likes this.

Pottermore: SkyDragon113
Old 25th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I haven't actually seen them myself. My Dad remembers how people were refusing to do the evening/night shift at his factory when they were on as they were so popular. Ah, the days when workers held the balance of power..

They're available on DVD but I think at least Quatermass Experiment hasn't survived in it's entirety.
Old 25th September 2011, 08:26 PM
Blogs Moderator

I had that late 70s Quatermass series and it was brilliant. Wish I still did.

Campaign starts here...

Like this? Share it using the links below!