View Single Post
Old 10th November 2011, 06:25 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I didn't find it disappointing at all. I'm not sure what people expect from films like this. It's extremely bleak and very violent and boasts some great NY locations and really documents the seedy underbelly of NY in a similar way to Lustig's Maniac. I'm surprised people no longer find it shocking. If you actually stop for a moment and think about the film's content, it's pretty disturbing stuff. How graphic does a film need to be before horror fans applaud it in this day and age? Some of the violence is truly shocking and nasty, how can people say it's not gory enough? Buckets of gore does not a good film make.

Colour me baffled.
I said I was disappointed by the film. I'm not saying its a bad film. I do like Fulci. In fact I love Fulci. It is bleak but I think some of that gets lost in flat characters. I don't find it shocking because sadly most of the violent effects look dated now esp the bottle in the vagina scene. I think it has something to do with the way the actors act in these graphic scenes. Scream really loud and then drop dead suddenly. And I do certainly agree buckets of gore doesn't make a good film. But this films tagline is 'the sickest film evr made'. I think I was expecting Zombie Flesh Eaters gore with a Halloween type storyline. I will give the film another chance one day, but on a first viewing it was disapointing to me.