Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2012, 04:44 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
At this point, me too! But I'd say if someone is going to make the effort, go the whole hog. It would probably be a wiser move with all the US PD versions available to make it really stand out.
Thats for sure. It would kill off all of the lousy PD versions once and for all. It would be great if there was a list of all the Hammers due for the Blu-ray treatment somewhere.
Old 8th August 2012, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw this on a double bill with AD1972 at a late showing in the early 80s, nice to see it again with a nice transfer... But I feel the suits will pass as it's PD in the U.S. and not worth a decent dvd/Blu investment. Sad days. But you never know...
Demoncrat and Jason King like this.
Old 27th December 2014, 05:27 PM
Active Cultist

Any word on a decent release of this? Seems inexplicable that given all of the other little known titles getting the BR treatment (The Black Torment anyone?) that this title is still missing.

I know that the PD releases in the USA have damaged any chance of this film getting a good release there at the moment, but who owns the UK rights?
Old 27th December 2014, 07:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
Any word on a decent release of this? Seems inexplicable that given all of the other little known titles getting the BR treatment (The Black Torment anyone?) that this title is still missing.

I know that the PD releases in the USA have damaged any chance of this film getting a good release there at the moment, but who owns the UK rights?
At a guess it has no current UK rights, a company would have to source a decent print( all the PD copies are probably just that, a copy) goodness knows who would a camera negative or the like, most of all the other Hammer films have been sorted out but not this one, tho no classic it's quite a good yarn with Cushing/Lee(love the scene in Drac's office) maybe one day...
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th December 2014, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It would be much better if a company did a kickstarter for this rather than zombie trash.
Rik and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 27th December 2014, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It would be much better if a company did a kickstarter for this rather than zombie trash.

Amen to that!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th December 2014, 11:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You know you may be on to something there, with no rights holder(or one that gives a toss*) all that would be needed is a nice clean print then a fan funded HD master and Bob's your uncle.

* legally a rights holder could pop out of the woodwork at any time of course, but since no action has been taken for years over the film being renamed, Tubed and otherwise slung about all over the place seems unlikely.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What a difference 5 years makes, eh?

An odd film. There's a lot to admire... and a bit you try for yeeeears to block from memory ahem .... Rewatch!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
What a difference 5 years makes, eh?

An odd film. There's a lot to admire... and a bit you try for yeeeears to block from memory ahem .... Rewatch!!
Which bit?
Old 4th April 2019, 08:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Spill your guts DC!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!