Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 vs Texas Chainsaw (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/12626-texas-chainsaw-massacre-2-vs-texas-chainsaw.html)

Gothmogxx 1st October 2014 07:36 PM

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 vs Texas Chainsaw

After the Original "Chainsaw", we had 6 more sequels but of those two sequels were follow-ups to the Original (the 2nd and 7th instalments).

Again simple question: Which one was best and carried the story on better?

Gothmogxx 1st October 2014 07:40 PM

I say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I liked Texas Chainsaw (better than the third and fourth entries), but 2 had Bill Mosely, Caroline Williams, gore, a fun atmosphere and Dennis Hopper fighting Leatherface and the rest of the Sawyers in an epic chainsaw duel! I actually like it as much as the Original, not gonna lie. Both are great in their own ways. The Original being more serious and scary with the 2nd one having an over-the-top campy feel to it that never gets boring.

Gothmogxx 1st October 2014 07:41 PM

P.S. can someone please add a poll? If there is a way I can do it, i'm not sure how it works.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st October 2014 07:43 PM

I really don't like the second film. It's a cartoonish caricature and seems to just throw everything including the kitchen sink into the mix to see what will work. Directionless stupidity, but I can (kind of?) see why some may like it.

As for Texas Chainsaw, I haven't seen it and probably never will (at least I have no immediate plans to). I did rather enjoy the 2003 remake though.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st October 2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 419635)
P.S. can someone please add a poll? If there is a way I can do it, i'm not sure how it works.

Done!

Liking these comparison threads by the way, Gothmog - they're good to stir up a bit of interesting debate. :)

Gothmogxx 1st October 2014 07:46 PM

Thanks of the poll, I actually just discovered how to do it properly so at least I know what to do for next time :)

Make Them Die Slowly 1st October 2014 07:47 PM

Neither, they are both shite.

Andra Jai 1st October 2014 07:48 PM

I like part 2 but I also really like 3d and will probably watch this one more.

yes, I know the latest instalment has its problems and the time lines don't match up but do I care?

I just like the film for what it is and choose to ignore the discrepancies

Part 2 is the better film though, although neither of them can touch the original

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st October 2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 419640)
Neither, they are both shite.

I need to add this choice to the poll! :nod:

Gothmogxx 1st October 2014 07:51 PM

Its weird to think they (BBFC) demanded that Tobe remove 20 minutes of footage to even get it released in the UK :eek: I know it would have been heavily censored (Chop-Top hammering that guy would have been essentially removed all-together) but 20 minutes? You'd have NOTHING left to cut with just under 10 removed!