Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Beyond the Darkness (aka Buio Omega, 1979) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/1513-beyond-darkness-aka-buio-omega-1979-a.html)

Daemonia 14th July 2011 10:54 AM

I really like Beyond the Darkness and will soon get around to getting the BD. As I've said before, you gotta love Joe D'Amato, even the corpses have to get naked. :lol:

Demoncrat 14th July 2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 165696)
Watched this as a back-to-back with ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST last weekend. This was definitely the classier movie of the two. Thought it had an excellent setting in the Italian Alps, and the creepy house, as well as an interesting, but a very twisted story which led to some pretty cool gore-FX. I'll have to check out ANTHROPOPHAGOUS for certain. Oh and the Goblin score was excellent!!:rockon:

no shit....ZH is a remake after all;);).....can see why a lot of people wouldnt get anything out of BO (hmmmm....)...im not one of them, sick puppy is this...good luck with the 'Phagous btw....:popcorn:

nekromantik 14th July 2011 12:18 PM

I enjoyed this flick!
but need to save up for the bd :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 165750)
I enjoyed this flick!
but need to save up for the bd :lol:

I think it's under a tenner on Axel.

nekromantik 14th July 2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 165751)
I think it's under a tenner on Axel.

nope £11.83 + 0.99c shipping

oaxaca 14th July 2011 12:41 PM

I'm looking forward to picking up DEVIL DOG and BURIAL GROUND, 9.75 and 10.71 GBP respectively on axel when shipping is included; decent prices! I'm enjoying all these films shriek show are releasing on BD which I haven't seen before. I even enjoyed FLESH EATERS :p

wonderlust 4th June 2012 01:53 AM

This film was excellent. It had alittle of everything I like in a movie. Iris was so creepy.

Jani 4th June 2012 12:55 PM

Buio Omega has a really strong morbid feel to it,it's like you're suddenly stuck in a situation with a really sick individual and can't get you're eyes of the horror this demented bastard brings to the table.Unique film and really more to my tastes than some recent teeny snuffers out there.Highly recommended for Italian style blood 'n guts aficionados.It's a remake of Il Terzo Occhio [1966] by Giacomo Guerrini.I hope some friendly studio like Arrow gives this a decent Blu-ray release since the Shriek Show BD is missing a complete scene,although their DVD is complete and good quality.

ReturnToZero 4th June 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 247717)
Buio Omega has a really strong morbid feel to it,it's like you're suddenly stuck in a situation with a really sick individual and can't get you're eyes of the horror this demented bastard brings to the table.Unique film and really more to my tastes than some recent teeny snuffers out there.Highly recommended for Italian style blood 'n guts aficionados.It's a remake of Il Terzo Occhio [1966] by Giacomo Guerrini.I hope some friendly studio like Arrow gives this a decent Blu-ray release since the Shriek Show BD is missing a complete scene,although their DVD is complete and good quality.

Is there a good english friendly DVD available? If not, someone should release it!

nekromantik 4th June 2012 07:48 PM

edit: ignore