Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2010, 11:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Nope,I've never seen you before in my life ant In all seriousness though,great photo.And did Tom sign your DOTD for free?
He did indeed, had no problem with it whatsoever. He even asked if I had anything else. I was going to take Maniac and my Dawn of the Dead T-Shirts and stuff but thought I'd be taking the piss and everyone I spoke to said he'd charge so wasn't worth it.

Never mind, having the Blu-Ray signed has made my year so far. God that's got to be super rare now. Being an HMV exclusive and all too.

He had other DVD's with himm for sale, like his Tales from the Darkside episodes and his David Letterman appearances and stuff. I completely forgot to buy them as I was so nervous just being in his presence. That's kind of peed me off now cos I know I may not be able to get hold of a copy again

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th February 2010, 03:12 PM
Active Cultist

A quick question regarding Dawn Of The Dead:

When I first owned this on video (4Front), the opening title was different, and I think better. Basically, the opening shot of Fran sleeping quickly cut to the trailer's Dawn title on a red background, then cut back to Fran sleeping again. The first shot of Fran may have been blue filtered as well, but I can't confirm if that's just a memory failure. Certainly the white font 'Dawn Of The Dead' title was not used; the first time I saw that was on the BMG Cannes cut VHS.

Does anyone else remember it? I wonder if it was used on the cinema release too?
Old 7th February 2010, 04:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah Rob I remember the vhs copy I had used that cutaway tiltle.No idea what they used at the cinema over here.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

HMV now have Arrow's revamped Dawn DVD due for release on September 27th. Needless to say my pre-order has not long been submitted.

I already own the stunning British BR equivalent and this imminent upgraded DVD version will further bolster my SD selection of titles.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Yeah Rob I remember the vhs copy I had used that cutaway tiltle.No idea what they used at the cinema over here.
I didn't see Dawn at the cinema, but I did see the UK cinema version with BBFC cuts on the Intervision pre-cert VHS.I'm pretty sure the title Zombies was used for this version, as in Zombies - Dawn of the Dead.
Old 5th July 2010, 05:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

video back in the 80s again.saw so many when i was a kid! yeah the one i watched was title "zombies dawn of the dead".
enjoyed the frankenstein and helicopter bit,made me laugh when i was younger.have seen a picture of a man with a machete in his head,but dont think this was in the version i saw,and was not in the vhs tape i owned!
can you believe i dont actually own a copy of this any more!!!!!
must get it sorted.
Old 5th July 2010, 05:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tut tut Dis!

You BR Ready mate?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th July 2010, 06:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

br? dawn is on my list of must haves!
Old 5th July 2010, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Blu Ray..

If not,then Arrow's DVD should be out soon.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th July 2010, 06:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

no mate,no br! do you think dvd will phase out like vhs and everyone will need a br player? you play dvd on brs?

Like this? Share it using the links below!