Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Phantasm and it's sequels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/1684-phantasm-its-sequels.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2009 10:41 PM

Phantasm and it's sequels

Phantasm.Now see,there's another classic.:nod:

Pete 18th September 2009 11:48 AM

I have seen Phantasm 1 & 4 but never seen the original. I have on dvd so might watch it sometime soon.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th September 2009 12:05 PM

I've got the Phantasm boxset and have seen them all. They get progressively worse as the series goes on, but there is something about them that seem to keep me hooked! :biggrin:

Vampix 18th September 2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 41916)
I have seen Phantasm 1 & 4 but never seen the original. I have on dvd so might watch it sometime soon.

The original Phantasm is the best of the series imo, although I also have a soft spot for Phantasm II.

vincenzo 18th September 2009 03:42 PM

The Phantasm Films

Calling all Tall Men and spherical objects. The series now has its own phantasmagorical thread here.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2009 05:17 PM

Good stuff Vince.:cool:
I enjoyed all the PHANTASM films,when I watch the original,I've just GOT to watch the rest over the following nights.
What age was Coscarelli when he made the original?

vincenzo 18th September 2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 41969)
What age was Coscarelli when he made the original?

Apparently he was 25. Born in Libya of all places. :cool:

LineSix 18th September 2009 11:45 PM

The Phantasm franchise is my favourite Horror franchise as I find all four films to be consistently good, especially compared to other franchises eg. Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th, which all became rather dire after, say, the third film in each franchise.

Each Phantasm film continues with the storyline so you actually feel like something worthwhile is actually going on in terms of story/plot development and familiar characters eg. Reggie, Michael and the Tall Man (always played by the same actors, excluding Phantasm II in which Michael is played by a different person for that one film), instead of just a bunch of new characters for Freddy/Michael/Jason to kill in the other franchises and a random, tacked on story that doesn't really matter overall.

I think all four are superb, although yes, as they go on the quality does diminsh a bit, but to nowhere near the extent of other Horror franchises, including the ones I've mentioned and numerous others.

All in all, my favourite Horror franchise, without a doubt.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd September 2009 11:11 PM

Which versions do you all own?
The Sphere?
I own the Digipak and parts 1 and 3 on ABUS SE's.
Think I need to get a sphere though!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd September 2009 11:12 PM

I find the series,the original especially,full of,well,original ideas.There's nothing else quite like it.:cool: