Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2010, 11:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Real collector's items these.Expensive,but worth it.

I just ordered Terror Express from OMG,but realised they had bugger all stock.They've took payment and I WAS allowed to put it in my basket,so surely I'll get one.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th January 2010, 09:05 AM
Cult Rookie

Well, the price is fair, I think. At least it was totally normal some years ago. These days, with dwindling quality and everybody kicking out everything without much love put into it at a super low price, it might seem higher than average.

You know, we need to make a profit to go on the way we started (and we don't want to change that), so we need to keep a price like that. Of course, importing German discs from other countries adds a lot to the original price, which is a problem we are very aware of. We're working on some kind of solution to make our discs more affordable for foreign collectors, but it's not an easy task.

Bear with us!
Old 7th January 2010, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anyone who owns one of the discs will confirm that these releases are worth every penny.

Anyone who hasn't got one should spoil themselves with one this year, then you'll be gagging for the next release - honestly. So much TLC goes into this releases and it shows.

Anyone who recently got stung with the release of Massacre Mafia Style (like moi) will see that a high price doesn't always mean top-quality; these releases do

Plus the Euro is kicking ass at the moment! Grr
Old 7th January 2010, 02:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I salute you for the work that you do with regards to your obviously very high quality releases. The remark that I made concerning the price point was an observation, rather than criticism.
Old 7th January 2010, 07:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Real collector's items these.Expensive,but worth it.

I just ordered Terror Express from OMG,but realised they had bugger all stock.They've took payment and I WAS allowed to put it in my basket,so surely I'll get one.....
If not reaps, I think Kult Video have some in stock.
Old 7th January 2010, 07:32 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Anyone who owns one of the discs will confirm that these releases are worth every penny.
Too right! I have all of them (so far) and the quality is apparent throughout every release.
Old 7th January 2010, 10:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera Obscura View Post
Well, the price is fair, I think. At least it was totally normal some years ago. These days, with dwindling quality and everybody kicking out everything without much love put into it at a super low price, it might seem higher than average.

You know, we need to make a profit to go on the way we started (and we don't want to change that), so we need to keep a price like that. Of course, importing German discs from other countries adds a lot to the original price, which is a problem we are very aware of. We're working on some kind of solution to make our discs more affordable for foreign collectors, but it's not an easy task.

Bear with us!
As I said mate.Well worth it.
I still haven't opened my Last House on the Beach....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th January 2010, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I salute you for the work that you do with regards to your obviously very high quality releases. The remark that I made concerning the price point was an observation, rather than criticism.
Same with me go.
It wasn't a criticism.

These are items any serious collector should have.
I've paid a lot more for dvds of lesser quality.

Old 7th January 2010, 10:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Understood Reaper, and I didn't take any of it the wrong way. I like to think I can sense the mood of a room, and this one is very friendly indeed!
Old 22nd January 2010, 05:47 PM
Ex-member

The original Sazuma releases were superb, it's great that Camera Obscura are picking up & continuing this fantastic line, Terror Express is a fantastic package, can I ask if you'll have Italian Languge/English subs for the forthcoming Inferno release?

Like this? Share it using the links below!