Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Suspiria (1977) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/2140-suspiria-1977-a.html)

Rob Strange 1st February 2010 04:44 PM

Oh, I'm sure you'll love it. There's only one or two moments which look clearly wrong and require sunglasses! If there's been any fuss made about the whole thing, it's more just people being purists and saying 'this is a slightly different look'. They are not actually saying it looks bad - and the master was approved by DoP Luciano Tovoli, so it's pretty definitive for the moment.

It's so good to have the soundtrack loud again!

Paul@TheOverlook 1st February 2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 60820)
Thanks Rob.Sets my mind at ease a little.

I agree with Rob. The few colour or contrast "blow outs" are very, very brief and when you weigh them against the overall improvement (really vivid colours, masses of additional detail) it's an absolute no-brainer.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st February 2010 05:17 PM

Can't wait to see this.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st February 2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 60825)
I agree with Rob. The few colour or contrast "blow outs" are very, very brief and when you weigh them against the overall improvement (really vivid colours, masses of additional detail) it's an absolute no-brainer.

Superb.As Reaps said,can't wait to get a look at it.

nekromantik 1st February 2010 09:17 PM

I not seen any of the DVDs, first time I saw it was illegal copy :lol:
So didnt really notice overblown contrast..or maybe cause my TV is only a 32".

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd February 2010 10:47 PM

Mine arrived today and I've just finished watching it.

What can I say?
I was totally blown away with how good it looked and sounded.
The Goblin soundtrack absolutely BOOMED through the speakers!

The garish colours in the film looked astounding,and I could swear I could almost feel that 70's velour wallpaper!

And another thing.
Apart from actually holding a maggot in your hand,you'll never see a clearer grub in your life.
Maggot fans,you're in for a treat.

Anyone who has negative comments about the transfer.....
Should have gone to Specsavers!:lol:

EMcG 3rd February 2010 07:26 AM

Watched mine last night. Son in bed, wife out - just me, a 37 inch LCD, Panasonic 1000Watt 5.1 home cinema system, some decent real ale and this Blu Ray.

WOW! It felt like I was watching it for the first time back at The Scala Cinema, Kings Cross, London in the early 1980s. Actually, it was better as the print so clear and the sound was even better.

The sound was so bright and clear and I heard effects that I'd never heard before especially the whispers and groans.

Really for £15 quid this is an absolute steal and without doubt the best Blu Ray for sound quality that I have.

When the film ended I actually applauded - sitting on my own in my house.

When my wife returned she gave me a look and said "You look very happy". You bet I was.

Next up - got to watch it again this time with the Newman/Jones commentary.

Right then - when can 'Deep Red' get the same treatment?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd February 2010 08:11 PM

DEEP RED,Now that WOULD be awesome!:nod:

nekromantik 4th February 2010 02:33 PM

Looks like thier will be a Suspiria Blu released in the US in spring, but this time as a new master instead of the italain one in the UK and italy releases.

http://www.fearnet.com/news/b18113_n..._suspiria.html

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2010 02:54 PM

I was under the impression that the Italian blu-ray and UK version were the Technicolor remaster? It was supervised by Luciano Tovoli.