Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2010, 03:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

oh ok.
too new to be asked lmao

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th January 2010, 03:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyReeves View Post
Went into HMV today to try & pick this up and was told they cannot order it (that was down to store policy of not ordering movies any more??!!??) and no HMV stores are stocking the Susipria Blu-Ray as "it isnt a big enough movie", can someone from Cine Excess comment as surely that will dent sales??
Thanks for this feedback - Nouveaux have gone back to HMV:

"HMV have come back, it is in stores and selling. But it was not rolled out to every store depending on the managers discretion, Stores can order stock if a customer orders so not sure what happened"

Very odd - and of course annoying - can anyone else who has had problems feed back and we'll keep chasing them.
Old 20th January 2010, 05:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This happened when I was looking for Optimum's XTRO.
'We widnae stock that pal.Naebiddy would pey 16 notes fur that.'
'ye cin oarder it affline bit.'

So yes,it obviously is down to the manager's discretion.So if he's Jennifer Aniston daft,the average horror punter is well and truly fooked.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th January 2010, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oddly enough though HMV York has the Suspiria Blu Ray but not the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks for this feedback - Nouveaux have gone back to HMV:

"HMV have come back, it is in stores and selling. But it was not rolled out to every store depending on the managers discretion, Stores can order stock if a customer orders so not sure what happened"

Very odd - and of course annoying - can anyone else who has had problems feed back and we'll keep chasing them.
Old 20th January 2010, 07:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to ChevyReeves

Thanks Almar for the reply, I did ask them to stock check every London store and all came back 0. I think ill take a walk up to the Kings Road branch tomorrow and see what they have to say.....

On a positive note HMV in Fulham is full off lovely yellow cased DVDs from Shameless : )
Old 20th January 2010, 07:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Blimey - that's quite something - I'm passing that extra info on and let's see if more comes of this.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
"HMV have come back, it is in stores and selling. But it was not rolled out to every store depending on the managers discretion, Stores can order stock if a customer orders so not sure what happened".
Good to know.Though it was a little strange that they wouldn't order a title.Maybe too much hassle for them in that particular branch. Although if every store in London shows no stock it doesn't bode well for the smaller stores througout the country.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just finished watching this and wow it looks amazing.

The movie oozes atmosphere and the ending is as creepy as ever.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th January 2010, 10:45 PM
Cult Rookie

Why are shameless make hmv exclusive titles? When the company sucks big time. After all the trouble with the bronx warriors preorder I tried to order suspiria (blu) and dawn of the dead (blu) yesterday using "secure internet payments" which means that the cardnumber I´ll give them is useless after one buy within seven days and they draw 0,12 pounds from the card and send me an email that they couldn´t make the payment so now I must call them.
Was thinking about just cancel the order and make it again using another card but now suspiria is out of stock!
Why do shameless (an excellent company) wants something to do with hmv(a shit company)????
Old 21st January 2010, 01:00 AM
Cult Rookie

I finally got my copy through from amazon today! I've been waiting for this for what feels like eternity

Like this? Share it using the links below!