Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2010, 10:01 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinski View Post
Why are shameless make hmv exclusive titles? When the company sucks big time. After all the trouble with the bronx warriors preorder I tried to order suspiria (blu) and dawn of the dead (blu) yesterday using "secure internet payments" which means that the cardnumber I´ll give them is useless after one buy within seven days and they draw 0,12 pounds from the card and send me an email that they couldn´t make the payment so now I must call them.
Was thinking about just cancel the order and make it again using another card but now suspiria is out of stock!
Why do shameless (an excellent company) wants something to do with hmv(a shit company)????
Hey this is a poor situation - no doubt - there are a number of problems at play here. Currently more stock of both the Bronx Warriors and Suspiria is being manufactured - until then HMV won't have any more. With respect to Dawn that is in stock but the problems that people have had ordering has not gone unnoticed and as a result Day of the Dead will not be an HMV exclusive.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:47 AM
Cult Rookie

Ok, thats sounds great. So I only have to get bronx warriors and suspiria from hmv and after that I want even look at there page!
Thanks for the reply!
Old 21st January 2010, 11:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Hey this is a poor situation - no doubt - there are a number of problems at play here. Currently more stock of both the Bronx Warriors and Suspiria is being manufactured - until then HMV won't have any more. With respect to Dawn that is in stock but the problems that people have had ordering has not gone unnoticed and as a result Day of the Dead will not be an HMV exclusive.
What was the issue with Dawn Blu?
Its putting me off from ordering it

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st January 2010, 11:44 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinski View Post
Ok, thats sounds great. So I only have to get bronx warriors and suspiria from hmv and after that I want even look at there page!
Thanks for the reply!
Well you can order Suspiria elsewhere - for instance from Amazon - doesn't have to be HMV.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:45 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
What was the issue with Dawn Blu?
Its putting me off from ordering it
No issue - it just took a while for HMV to get the listing sorted but plenty of people have ordered and got it no probs.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Oh right.

I noticed though with HMV, when they have a exclusive title on blu they price it at around £16.99/£17.99 online and then when that title becomes a wide release they drop it. This has happened to the Lady Vengence/Sympathy for Mr Vengence blu which was exclusive in HMV since november/december and next will will be wide release so they dropped the price to £8.99.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st January 2010, 04:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And it seems to be the other way round with wide release titles.Pre-order it at a particular price then the price goes up after it's released.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There have been a number of stock issues with HMV,but I suppose at the end of the day,they're the only high street retailer left with a large number of stores who actually stock cult titles.
I dare say companies like Shameless and Arrow would be in a far less comfortable position if HMV didn't exist.
If I'm wrong in saying that,please feel free to correct me.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Back to the disc itself.

It's a good month for Cult Labs in this month's Empire.
Along with the Bronx tin getting plugged,SUSPIRIA was also reviewed.

'According to this disc's commentary by horror expert Alan Jones and Empire's Kim Newman,Dario Argento's classic was designed with Snow White in mind.
This makes sense of the eerily child-like dialogue and demonic-discotheque palette of primary colours.
"It's a film about the possibility of direction," says Jones,"not plot".
On that front,it remains extraordinary.'

Extras;A long absorbing documentary,Fear At 400 Degrees,the aforementioned commentary and a set of Suspiria perspectives.

FILM *****
EXTRAS ****

Great marks for Suspiria!

Again just a pity they showed the old ABUK cover.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
There have been a number of stock issues with HMV,but I suppose at the end of the day,they're the only high street retailer left with a large number of stores who actually stock cult titles.
I dare say companies like Shameless and Arrow would be in a far less comfortable position if HMV didn't exist.
If I'm wrong in saying that,please feel free to correct me.
True. Didnt really think about it in that way.

And yeah the disc is great, kudos to Cine Excess.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!