Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

From what we're gleaning it's much more down to store managers to decide what's stocked than we thought. Hence then why some stores are so much better at catering for cult tastes than others. All I can say is please keep at HMV managers (in the nicest way please - they probably get a load of grief if they overstock the wrong stuff) in stores where they're not stocking what you want. You can refer them to this site and we'll even send them sample DVDs so they can judge better for themselves.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah that comes as a bit of a shock.Would have thought all the stores recieved the same stuff but it's good know and people can try and get their local stores to stock things by pointing out that there is a market there and as you say,ask them in the nicest possible way.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The thing is we want them to stay in business - there's no one else! To that end all we can do is try and point out stuff that would sell - in the grand scheme of things it's hard to expect one person to have a good map over what is going to work in a whole store selling such a variety of stuff.
Old 23rd January 2010, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As said above,they probably do get grief for stock that doesn't move and brownie points or some sort of incentive for selling stuff by the barrow load.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:01 PM
Active Cultist

Just bought this (Suspiria Blu Ray) from ebay last night as i can't get it anywhere else. Now all i have to do is Wait...

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:12 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
All I can say is please keep at HMV managers (in the nicest way please - they probably get a load of grief if they overstock the wrong stuff) in stores where they're not stocking what you want.
My local HMV manager is an old schoolmate from days of yore. I'm always polite with him.

Old 25th January 2010, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I had no trouble getting mine: I pre-ordered from Play ages ago and it popped through my letterbox last week. I think this is a stunning makeover, incidentally: anyone who's in two minds whether or not to pick up the Nouveaux's Blu-ray (and can find somewhere selling it) just do it!

I posted my initial thoughts on the disc in the thread on Lovelockandload last week. Linky. Reply #82.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to ChevyReeves

A quick update....

I tried quite a few other HMV (5) stores on Sunday and none had it in stock, the one by Piccadilly Circus even went as far to say "there was no such film on their database" (im putting that down to utter laziness by the person I asked).

Kings Road offered to order it, all other stores said no stock was ordered or on sale in any London store.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks for the update - I've passed that on to Nouveaux - not because they have amazing powers to make everything better but becase they are interested, are passing on these comments to their sales company and trying to rectify where they can. In many ways we'll ony ever get better stocking of the titles we love by pointing out to HMV stores that they should have them - which indeed you've been doing Chevy and what an incrediblly difficult process - it's crazy!
Old 26th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to ChevyReeves

Forgot to add, i gave up looking for it in in HMV stores & ordered from Amazon ; )

Like this? Share it using the links below!