Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2010, 01:56 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just picked up Fright for 4.00 second hand. ain't watched it yet but the lovely Susan George is in it so it's gonna be a defo watch for me.
You're in for a treat. I wish I could watch this for the first time again.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just picked up Fright the other day for £6.50 brand new. Just watched it & I've fallen in love with the lovely Susan George all over again, especially in that mini dress!

You make it easy.
Old 1st July 2010, 07:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Absolutely.

What did you make of the film?
Demoncrat likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Absolutely.

What did you make of the film?
Loved it!

Ian Bannen was suitably Psychotic

Was nice to see the pairing of George Cole & Dennis Waterman pre-Minder even though they don't share any screentime together

& as for Susan George..........

Wonder how many people are aware that this little gem of a British movie pretty much pre-dates every "babysitter in peril" movie ever made.

You make it easy.
Old 17th September 2010, 05:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Here's a classic Brit chiller that is always almost forgotten when it comes to films being mentioned with the 'Babysitter in peril' theme.
Predating Black Christmas by three years and Halloween by seven,it's a cracking little gem of a film.Very eerie and atmospheric.

Any other fans?
Anything featuring Susan George from this period is worth a watch to be honest. I have seen this film at least twice on tv, over the years, and I really enjoyed it. Could watch this film again right now. Its been a long time since I last saw this...
Black Christmas is a good creepy film, thats for sure. Creeped me out, the first couple of times that I saw this one. Very unsettling film, and so effective too. The ending is so creepy. Watch it with the lights on, thats my advice anyway...
I see what you mean now, concerning the similarities of these two films. WHEN A STRANGER CALLS used to s**t me up when I was a kid too. Remember kids, keep those lights on...The motherlicker was in the house the whole time! Freaky...
Old 17th September 2010, 07:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good taste in Films,and leading ladies Mahoney.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th September 2010, 01:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Good taste in Films,and leading ladies Mahoney.
Cheers. I really liked her in STRAW DOGS, although the mentality of her character in this was questionable at best. Quirky and immature, cute, but kind of odd. It was an interesting role for sure. makes me wonder how the films Dustin Hoffman character, ever got together with her in the first place? He was very switched on, but as a couple, they were like "Chalk and Cheese", if you understand what I'm getting at here...
Yeah, I'm kind of drawn to the Women of cult movies more than any other, at times anyway...
Old 2nd February 2020, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just rewatched this little classic.

Susan George babysits to Flash 'Arry & Cathy Gale. Not as outright nasty as Assault, it still stands the test of time. Busy year for Bannen as he excelled also in The Offence. Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd February 2020, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Putting this on my list.
Old 4th February 2020, 01:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah you won’t be disappointed......the new scan from Canal is amazing.
iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!