Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2010, 08:39 PM
Ex-member

Post Take An Easy Ride (1976)

Take An Easy Ride (1976)

Has anyone seen this film which has recently been released on DVD by Odeon? If so is it any good?
Old 7th June 2010, 09:48 AM
Cultist in Training

Hi Thundercrack!

It's good in a -I-can't-believe-this-is-a-real-film kind of way. Essential cult sleaze viewing, I'd say. In fact I do say that here: http://www.horrorview.com/movie-revi...e-an-easy-ride

An out-and-out exploitation marathon posing as a public information film on the dangers of hitch hiking in the '70s!

My brand new blog is now online:NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT
Old 7th June 2010, 11:44 AM
Cult Rookie

Great review there! I agree - an essential purchase for those with a 70's brit-smut fetish. Not nearly as shocking as the LHOTL references in other reviews would suggest but seedy, cheesy fun all the way. One of those films that improves with repeated viewings too.
Old 8th June 2010, 01:37 PM
Cult Rookie

This is indeed a fun little slice of Brit-sleaze IMO...

Made pretty sinister however by the way it was created - further to what you say in your review Black Gloves, according to Rowles when I watched it at the art of the nasty all dayer last year it was not only originally concieved as a public warning video for TV, but was also part funded by the director's lawyer, who wanted to fund the film was because his daughter had actually been raped while hitch-hiking! I wonder how he felt about the way it turned out...?
Old 8th June 2010, 10:33 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Hello Thundercrack, the whole DVD is a delight from start to finish with the pilot for "Go Girl" as an extra being the icing on the cake.

Great name by the way, do you get through a lot of cucumbers in your house
Old 3rd July 2010, 05:28 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default TAKE AN EASY RIDE Ken Rowles 1974

Picked this up from HMV last night.
Apparently an originally planned TV Public information film about the danger of hitchhiking until legendary sleaze supremo David Grant approached the director,wanting to spice it up......much sex and violence later and it played in London for 48 consecutive weeks!

Even at 45 minutes long,this should be interesting....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6a00d83451cbb069e20133ec61e22f970b-800wi.jpg (44.7 KB, 2 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd July 2010, 06:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have this one reaps. Let's just say they don't make public information films like this anymore!
Old 4th July 2010, 06:56 AM
Cult Addict

This is my favourite release this year so far, after COTLD. In 45 minutes, the film contains all that is best in British exploitation from the 70s: seedy, sleazy, violent and a certain naffness that comes with films from this era when looking at "young people".
Old 5th July 2010, 06:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I have this one reaps. Let's just say they don't make public information films like this anymore!
Sounds like a good film then....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:07 AM
Ex-member

I've seen this film and it is really good. The Unbroadcast TV Pilot was good aswell

Like this? Share it using the links below!