Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2022, 08:16 AM
Cult Master

Boy Whose Case Inspired ‘The Exorcist’ Is Identified Over 70 Years Later / Inside Edition

"...The person who underwent a series of exorcisms when he was 14 has been identified.

The boy whose 1949 case of being possessed by a demon was the inspiration for the classic horror film 'The Exorcist' has been made public for the first time in 72 years

The boy, previously known as Roland Doe, underwent exorcisms in Cottage City, Maryland, and St Louis, Missouri, in 1949, has officially been identified by the Skeptical Inquirer.

Ronald Doe has been identified as Ronald Edwin Hunkeler who died last year, a month before his 86th birthday, after suffering a stroke at home in Marriottsville, Maryland

...Hunkeler grew up and became a NASA engineer who patented a special technology to make space shuttle panels resistant to extreme heat, helping the Apollo missions of the 1960s which would lead to astronauts being able to walk on the moon in 1969"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th January 2022, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Richard Dees back writing for the supermarket tabloids Suz?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th January 2022, 11:12 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Richard Dees back writing for the supermarket tabloids Suz?
"Never believe what you publish. Never publish what you believe."

Old 14th September 2022, 09:35 PM
Cult Master

Lets see - Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament? Check. A good ol' pea-souper fog? Check. A cheery cock-er-nee geezer on a bicycle? Check. It must be bleedin' Landon tahn guv'nor!!

Back in the day, a few major cities got unique ad designs depicting landmarks that have been deserted due to screenings of 'The Exorcist'. This was the London-centric one from May 1974

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Exorcist - London.jpg (98.1 KB, 58 views)

Old 17th October 2022, 11:46 AM
Cult Master

Here's a poster that doesn't appear to have already been featured in this thread

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Exorcist - Staircase.jpg (69.9 KB, 50 views)

Old 17th October 2022, 02:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Here's a poster that doesn't appear to have already been featured in this thread
That's probably because it's not a real poster, just one designed by a digital artist called Luke (@PhotoshopHorroz) and posted on Twitter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Exorcist Fanart.jpg (56.0 KB, 7 views)
MacBlayne and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 18th October 2022, 02:41 PM
Cult Master

This as just appeared on FB. It doesn't make much sense, but I have quoted the post exactly as it was made:
"Coming in 2023 to 4K UHD/4K UHD Steelbook from Warner Bros. Entertainment and Cine-Museum

The Exorcist 50th Anniversary 4K UHD/4K UHD Steelbook

“Warner Bros will announce the release of a The Exorcist 4K UHD steelbook for the 50th anniversary.

As you know, we are working on two projects dedicated to this film and the CMA edition is scheduled for the end of November.

We have the opportunity to complete the box by offering you an even more complete edition, by inserting the new 4K steelbook.

The the 3-disc world steelbook will be used for lenticular version and the new 4K steelbook in the Full Slip version.

It would be an even more exceptional box with a very high value for all collectors. Furthermore, we would avoid proposing a new CMA release in a short time only for new 4K release.

However, we cannot make this change without first having consulted with all Group Buy customers and administrators. considering that:

1. The cost of the Box Set will increase by approximately € 25.
All customers will be sent a confirmation request, otherwise they can cancel their reservation and receive a refund.

2. The release date would be moved from mid-November to a new date, waiting for Warner Bros to announce the release date of the 4K steelbook.

3. The total print run of the Box set would be increased to 400 units offering the possibility of purchase also to other collectors and the single versions will also be offered separately with the configuration already described:
- Lenticular + 3 discs Mondo Steelbook
- Full Slip + 4K Steelbook

We thank you for your attention and we inform you that all those who have ordered the product on the official CM website will be contacted by email to express their opinion.

All those who have reserved their copy through Group Buy, will be contacted by administrators.”"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Exorcist 4K Steelbox.jpg (77.8 KB, 48 views)
MacBlayne, Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Old 1st May 2023, 07:23 PM
Thompson

A sequel is on the way.
Old 2nd May 2023, 09:17 PM
Cult Master

I agree Susan makes no senes to me l'm sorry but I feel like my brain is melting readying that.
Old 2nd May 2023, 09:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I agree Susan makes no senes to me l'm sorry but I feel like my brain is melting readying that.
Reads like a scam email does if you ask me.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!