Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   ON THE TRAIL OF THE WICKER MAN (Robin Hardy) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/470-trail-wicker-man-robin-hardy.html)

Vipp 9th October 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 370838)
What????:lol:

If you needed any further proof that i have no idea what im talking about, this is it. Haha! what i meant to say is i have a VHS of the film and it's not looking very pretty anymore. lol.

Sorry Reaps, depending on how depressed i become depends on how logical i am when trying to make conversation Haha, that was obviously a bad day.

Daemonia 10th October 2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 370951)
That was my impression when I saw it about a week ago, but I'm going to watch it again tonight before writing my review.

Also, I've just had a dispatch e-mail from Zavvi to let me know the steelbook has been sent.

Yeah, mine's been sent too. Oh well, procrastinating now is futile....

But hey, I've had an unexpected windfall this week, so I can afford to be frivolous, it don't happen often...

Daemonia 10th October 2013 01:08 AM

And I'm still waiting on a couple of Ludivico-Instituto discs to arrive

I hope they're a genuine outfit

Daemonia 10th October 2013 01:09 AM

eBay have now given me dispatch info. Seems legit LOL

Daemonia 10th October 2013 01:24 AM

Looks like my Halloween viewing is sorted then.

Oh yeah, still have the Halloween steelie on order

Daemonia 10th October 2013 01:25 AM

Once my steelie arrives I'll provide the commentary on it and let you all know what's in it.

I've left it too late to cancel it... oh well...

Dave Boy 10th October 2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 371042)
another thing, can i assume from Daveboys cinema visit review of the Final Cut (which i missed a few nights ago and will kick myself for ever) i assume the Final Cut leaves a little to be desired?

No, not at all. The restoration is excellent. This is another version of a fantastic film. I noticed a drop in quality of the new scenes, but the scenes have been remastered to almost match the theatrical print. Everyone will be very pleased with what they see.
Watch this new clip of the song 'Gently Johnny' and you will see how good the restoration of that scene is compaired to the normal directors cut version.

The Wicker Man watch an exclusive 'lost' clip from the cult horror film - YouTube

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 371042)
Guys, can i have some help here, as well as being a little unwell presently i am not able to keep up with the recent and very interesting debates concerning the differences in Final Cut Blu Ray releases.

Which box set will be the best to get for longevity? i love the film and also would like the sound track but really what i want is a replacement for my Box set that i sold to upgrade to Blu-Ray.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs - when you say 'write my review' where can i find this? i assume right here on Cult Labs? i would like to read that if you can make me aware of it?

The best box set is probably the three disc one from Amazon is that has the soundtrack and will, apart from being Blu-ray, be a like for like replacement for the DVD set you sold.

When my review is written and online, it will be on my website (Film 365) and I'll probably put the link somewhere in the post on here and/or the other Wicker Man thread.

sjconstable 10th October 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 371063)
And I'm still waiting on a couple of Ludivico-Instituto discs to arrive

I hope they're a genuine outfit

I recently bought ROTLD and Basket Case steelbooks and their delivery is super-fast, and well-packaged.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th October 2013 04:25 PM

Mine shipped yesterday tomorrow or Saturday please!:pray: