Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:04 AM
Cult Addict

Thanks SO MUCH!! Just ordered this 5 minutes ago from movietyme..£13.99.

MovieTyme DVDs

Highly reccomended site, as they list EVERY item with its region code, so finding out which blu-rays stand a chance of running on my ps3 has never been easier. Normally for the dvd's I use amazon (cheaper) but neither amazon.com or amazon.co.uk are listing the dammned disc anywhere!

For the record Code red have NEVER let me down on any of my discs, they occasionally get whiney complaints online about scratchy prints, but they use the best available prints for these films the besty they can. consequently I have a rather large code red collection (just got bigger!)
Old 25th April 2011, 10:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Lots and lots of caps!

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...35135&page=106
Old 1st May 2011, 09:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
You can also count me as a fan of Hal Holbrook . I love his performance in Magnum Force.
Holbrook is indeed on fine form in MF but also check out his equally memorable work in Creepshow and The Fog.
Lawrence Dane and Robin Gammell are also renowned Canadian actors too with the former in Scanners and Bride Of Chucky among others and the latter thespian starring in Highpoint, Bells and most recently Skyline.

My copy of Rituals came yesterday and that's another title i can't wait to watch when the opportunity arises.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:47 AM
Active Cultist

Watched my copy of Code Red's Rituals a couple of days ago and,yes,while there's still much damage to the materials,it's still easily the best print I've seen and well worth picking up.As for the movie itself,I'm a huge fan,and it was just as good as I remembered it to be.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:22 AM
Cultist in Training

I'd never seen it before, but I bought the dvd as everyone rates it so highly. I watched it and found it a little underwhelming. Oh well, luckily the extras were rather good. Kind of made up for the film I found......
Old 2nd May 2011, 05:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Watched my copy of Code Red's Rituals a couple of days ago and,yes,while there's still much damage to the materials,it's still easily the best print I've seen and well worth picking up.As for the movie itself,I'm a huge fan,and it was just as good as I remembered it to be.
I'll agree there.
Apparently the lab screwed up the print during the cabin scene!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th May 2011, 01:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I prefer Rituals to Just before Dawn, while JBD made a great effort in choosing the location, I think the sense of being stranded in the wilderness is so much greater in Rituals.
Old 5th May 2011, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Pleased to see the film has so many fans.Despite the damage it's the best version of the film I've seen to date.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
I prefer Rituals to Just before Dawn, while JBD made a great effort in choosing the location, I think the sense of being stranded in the wilderness is so much greater in Rituals.
Far more expansive that Canadian wilderness,isn't it?

When Holbrook and Dane are at the top of that hill,it's like 'Woah!-They're getting nowhere!'

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Pleased to see the film has so many fans.Despite the damage it's the best version of the film I've seen to date.
Nice to see another fan Mark!

Like this? Share it using the links below!