Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK Peter Weir 1975 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/6615-picnic-hanging-rock-peter-weir-1975-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 07:48 PM

PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK Peter Weir 1975

1 Attachment(s)
PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK Peter Weir 1975

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:23 PM

Haunting and beautiful,yet sinister.

Is it any wonder the girls ****ed off when faced with a day out with Mrs Mangel of Neighbours? :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 08:47 AM

The beauty of Picnic at Hanging Rock is how much is left unexplained which only serves to emphasise the mystery and sense of terror about what happened to those girls. Whether or not it's based on true events, it's one of those strange films which can easily be classed as a horror film without any true horror, simply due to the atmosphere and sense of unease with which it leaves you.

The recent Blu-ray release is superb and, if you don't already own it, you should really added to your collection.

Picnic at Hanging Rock: Director's Cut Blu-ray Review

Demoncrat 2nd September 2011 09:43 AM

a film that polarises....you either go with the atmosphere of the whole thing, or as my mate said rather sagely "this is boring shit"...hmmm. this being the same guy who eventually said to me that Irreversible "turned him on" :eek::eek:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 11:13 AM

I really don't think his judgement is to be trusted! Turned on by Irreversible?! I shudder to think what he'd make of I Spit on Your Grave!

Gojirosan 2nd September 2011 11:42 AM

It is a very good film. However, I always end up thinking that it's not as good as it thinks it is, if you get me.

I do like it a lot though.

Demoncrat 2nd September 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 178399)
I really don't think his judgement is to be trusted! Turned on by Irreversible?! I shudder to think what he'd make of I Spit on Your Grave!

wouldnt show him that to be honest, and i was being slightly flippant anyway, as its a lovely lyrical thing (im also a big The Last Wave fan) and im frankly stumped when people turn their noses up at this and other films with a dream like nature, but big up kids films like Avaturd. sue me. :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 04:42 PM

Peter Weir is a genius,and Halliwell's film guide was spot on when they stated that he is 'One of the last craftsmen lurking in Hollywood.'

I haven't seen a film of his yet that I haven't enjoyed.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 06:21 PM

There are some I haven't seen (including a couple in this thread), but I'm the same and like everything from The Cars That Ate Paris to The Truman Show and Master and Commander.

themanfromhongkong 25th March 2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 178358)
The recent Blu-ray release is superb

I didn't even know it was out on blu ray - so that'll be the 4th I've bought it!