Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2011, 10:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

The first great film I came across thanks solely to this forum

I was truly stunned after seeing the Blu Ray screenshots. Some of the vhs rip I have is barely viewable shame the BD is so damn expensive. Christmas maybe . . .
Vipp likes this.
Old 16th November 2011, 06:08 AM
Cultist

I'm actually in Oz on holiday at the moment and have been struggling to find the blu. Ended up ordering it online from the releasing company's own website and am having it posted to where I'm staying while I'm out here. The total inc postage is AU$28 which come in at about £17 I reckon. Not sure what their postage to the UK will be though.

Can't wait to check out the film, been holding off until I could get my hands on the blu.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 10th April 2014, 08:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Another triumph from Masters of Cinema.
Anyone who loves all things Oz buy this now!
Superb!

oaxaca and Vipp like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Going to see this at a local indie cinema on Sunday. Cannot wait! If it lives up to expectations I'll be getting the BD without a doubt

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 12th April 2014, 12:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Going to see this at a local indie cinema on Sunday. Cannot wait! If it lives up to expectations I'll be getting the BD without a doubt
That's fortunate, i'd like t see this on the big screen with decent sound. The speakers in our TV are on the rear of the set so it's useless if you watch a decent film. i should get the surround sound out but its more hassle than its worth at the moment.

I saw this film in the 'recently bought\ section, it looked like everyone had been buying it so i checked it out and its a great film.
Old 9th February 2020, 03:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just revisited this little beaut after quite a while.
When a school teacher is stranded in an outback backwater , the temptations on show prove too much finally ...
I could go on about the psychological ramifications of the ending etc, but that would be churlish. Still stands up, recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!