Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Death Line (1973) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/7836-death-line-1973-a.html)

Vampix 4th February 2012 10:44 PM

Death Line (1973)

What's your opinion of Gary Sherman's 1973 Brit horror classic, Death Line (aka Raw Meat)? Where did you see it first? At the cinema, on TV, on VHS, or DVD?

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th February 2012 10:51 PM

An absolute horror classic.

Superbly performed, just the right amount of gore amd humour. The underground scenes are brilliantly executed and the dwellers are realistic without going over the top.

I rank it alongside Horror Express as one of the best British horrors of the seventies.

I know HE was Spanish but you know what i mean.

VicDakin 4th February 2012 11:21 PM

Raw Meat

3 Attachment(s)
Genuine creepy Brit classic,Donald Pleasance is always fun to watch,by the way MIND THE DOORSSS

Frankie Teardrop 4th February 2012 11:47 PM

Really like it. Loads of atmosphere, glistening remains deep underground, 70s London and Donald Pleasance - formidable combo. Throw in a wailing cannibalistic troglodyte who just wants to be heard and I'm yours for life.

Slippery Jack 5th February 2012 12:01 AM

Haven't seen it in years, but remember loving it. Shame the Network disc doesn't have a commentary or anything. Still might get it soon though . . .

Make Them Die Slowly 5th February 2012 07:25 AM

A favourite from childhood. I picked up the US disc a few months ago in a local second hand shop. Is there any difference between this and the UK release?

VicDakin 5th February 2012 07:32 AM

Raw Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 214255)
A favourite from childhood. I picked up the US disc a few months ago in a local second hand shop. Is there any difference between this and the UK release?

Ive only seen the us disc and the version the beeb used to show,apart from the title they look the same.

Vampix 5th February 2012 12:46 PM

I first saw it when BBC2 showed horror films all Halloween night some years back.I think they showed Creepshow and Curse of the Werewolf that night as well, but Death Line was the highlight for me as I'd never seen or heard of it before.I've got the MGM R1 DVD, as Vic says the title seems to be the only difference between the UK and US versions.

Gojirosan 5th February 2012 04:09 PM

Superb film. It's right up there with the very best horror flicks of it's time. Everything about it operates at top level.

And the music - the opening track is one of the greatest pieces I have heard written for any film.

I love it. First saw it in the 80s on the Beeb.

Demoncrat 6th February 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 214327)
I first saw it when BBC2 showed horror films all Halloween night some years back.I think they showed Creepshow and Curse of the Werewolf that night as well, but Death Line was the highlight for me as I'd never seen or heard of it before.I've got the MGM R1 DVD, as Vic says the title seems to be the only difference between the UK and US versions.

Ditto, played that tape to death, never realising twas cut! until i got the Network dvd. a fecking classic IMO.
"why dont you go back to planting pot on people?" line of the film.;)