Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Amanda Sunderland Wicker Man Artist (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/9107-amanda-sunderland-wicker-man-artist.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th July 2012 06:13 PM

Amanda Sunderland Wicker Man Artist

6 Attachment(s)
I'm just back from another relaxing week in Wickersville,i.e. Dumfries and Galloway.
This time I was determined to track down the studio of uber talented artist Amanda Sunderland whose Wicker Man Paintings you may have heard of, or more likey to have seen,if you're like me an obsessive Summerisle fan.
She resides on the second most southerly point of Scotland,on the Isle of Whithorn,which rests at the foot of the Burrowhead clifftops in which the legendary sacraficial monolith was actually burned.
After a good hour and a bit's drive from my digs in Kirkudbright,I tracked down her studio which was situated in the harbour above the fishmonger's shop.
Disappointment clouded over me when I was told that she had moved......
A quick pint at the hotel next door unearthed a poster advertising her studio-but open certain days only.Not the day I was here......
However,the kindly old lady who owned the hotel told me where she was and that I should give the door a knock!
Finding her house ,her mother kindly invited us in and told us that Amanda was undergoing treatment for a serious illness.(Which we wish her all the best for a full recovery!)
So we had a chat about her work and I eagerly purchased some Wicker related prints and TShirts!
Amanda's Mother told us that her husband had been an extra up on Burrowhead when the film was made!

If you're ever down that remote corner of Scotland and are a fan of Britain's greatest cult film,be sure to track an amazing talent down and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

The cult film world needs talent like yours Amanda!:clap:

Visit her website here.......

Amanda Sunderland Art | Fine Art ... Prints ... T-shirts ... etc.

Slippery Jack 12th July 2012 06:19 PM

Ah wow, so cool! :clap: I'm gonna have to get round to a Wicker Man tour at some point.

Get well soon Amanda :nod: So is her house like a Wicker Man fan heaven then . . . ?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th July 2012 06:56 PM

No it's not just TWM she paints SJ-it's all sorts as you can see from her site.
It's a typical artist's studio mate-no order whatsoever!:lol:

I left her mum one of my cards with Cult Labs wrote on the back of it,so if you're well enough Amanda and you're reading this,why not sign up?:)

There's no secrets about you temporary studio now!
:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2012 07:49 PM

A really nice story Reaper. :)