Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: BEST BLIND DEAD?
Poll Options
BEST BLIND DEAD?

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2011, 05:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
Apparently, there won't be any BRs of BLIND DEAD from BU.
Well Bill Lustig's loss could be Arrow's gain imo.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I haven't seen any of the movies, been holding out for a blu-ray release for my first experience of them.
Old 2nd December 2011, 04:18 PM
thesaunderschild

I've got the somewhat now considered old Anchor Bay releases in one set and it can cost you quite a lot to find one these days. I've watched them all and thought they were quite well made, and a bit different. They're very rare now.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

at the lack of votes for 'Ghost Galleon.' Probably toss up between the first two, depending on my mood. Today's vote went towards 'Return,' although my mind will probably change tomorrow.
Old 14th December 2011, 02:16 AM
Cultist

Yes, I just voted for Ghost Galleon. I love all the blind dead films. But, I find myself watching the Ghost Galleon more repeatedly. I don't have an answer as to why, maybe it's the setting. Maybe I have an attraction to one of the actresses? ? I honestly have no clue why I watch it more. Maybe It's just that I blindly grab one DVD from that black coffin and pop it in the player? Oh well.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
Yes, I just voted for Ghost Galleon. I love all the blind dead films. But, I find myself watching the Ghost Galleon more repeatedly. I don't have an answer as to why, maybe it's the setting. Maybe I have an attraction to one of the actresses? ? I honestly have no clue why I watch it more. Maybe It's just that I blindly grab one DVD from that black coffin and pop it in the player? Oh well.
It's easily my least favorite, but I don't think it's terrible at all! Comparatively more slow going, but the atmosphere (as is the case with all the films) is palpable; you can cut it with a knife.

Maybe we just miss the horses? ;-)
Old 6th February 2012, 02:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
It was a close race between "Tombs" and "Seagulls" for me...but in the end, "Seagulls" won due to its particularly striking atmosphere.
The templars riding in slo-mo on the beach shot "day-for-nigt", the hateful village people and the titualr seagulls' screaming placed just at the right spots....Moody Euro horror from an era sadly long gone....
"Tombs" would have won if it was shorter and there are some additions to the plot- the rape and the somewhat unrelated subplot of the girl coming back from the dead- which compromise its impact slightly.
Seagulls won for me too.....The beach scenes are hillarious, they should use it for tourism commercials: Spain the sunny paradise where the sun never goes down!

I love the setting and the creepy music, the only thing they should have explored a bit more are the seagulls, weren't they suppose to be the souls of the dead? Loved the idea but it was never mentioned again later on in the movie.
Old 6th February 2012, 03:34 PM
Active Cultist

Seems like it has got to be #2 for me. Complete justification in my reviews of the Blind Dead series (to be honest I can barely remember them, need to rewatch at some point).
Old 6th February 2012, 03:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Definitely Tombs Of The Blind Dead for me.The Ghost Galleon has some creepy moments but that burning model ship at the end was just embarassing.
Old 1st April 2012, 04:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Night of the Seagulls

Have to give my vote to "Night of the Seagulls". While I love the whole series, "Seagulls" just has a consistent ambiance that makes it #1 for me. Also the setting of the fishing village with its great ruined and rustic architecture is a huge plus.
I think the "Blind Dead" are one of the great horror creations of the '70's.

Like this? Share it using the links below!