Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Poll: BEST BLIND DEAD?
Poll Options
BEST BLIND DEAD?

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2011, 10:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think they're English friendly either...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th February 2011, 07:56 PM
Cultist in Training

I would LOVE a BD set of THE BLIND DEAD films.

Without the Blue tinting that BU did to GHOST GALLEON
Old 10th March 2011, 11:50 PM
Cultist

Ooh now theres an idea Leman, Tombs of The Blind Dead Collection - Blu-ray. With all the bells and whistles and more! That would be so good...
Old 12th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Cult Rookie

I wasn't a big fan of the sequels but I'd buy a Blu boxset just to have the uncut version of TOMBS in widescreen. That film's got such a great atmosphere.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th March 2011, 11:14 PM
Cult Rookie

I remember getting a VHS copy of this on the Redemption label back in the summer of 1996 (when I was just 15 believe it or not - Disney was banned in our house, haha). I remember being drawn in even by the opening shots of the crumbling buildings under the hot sun before the calm being interrupted by the woman screaming - yeeeaaaahh! Love it, and I'd love to see what Arrow could do with it...
Old 15th March 2011, 02:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I would love to have these movies on blu-ray, but Bill Lustig has said a few times in the past that BU will not release BDs of the series, didn't sell well enough to support the new format. I hope he changes his mind though. Would love to see some de Ossorio in HD.
Old 16th March 2011, 01:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

x2!!
Love the 4 films, would be a sure buy for me.
Old 16th March 2011, 06:56 AM
Ex-member

Sorry guys!
I love the Blind Dead films (I have the BU box) but I really cannot see any room for improvement as per transfers etc (don't be pedantic & say HD...you know what I mean!)..now that Shameless has skimmed the surface lets see releases that have never been out on DVD (and with catalogues Shameless work with there are MANY which will sell worldwide)
Old 16th March 2011, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict

Default all this talk of re-issuing.

While the idea of a blind dead set on blu-ray does indeed sound appealing I would miss the coffin box the set came in (it looks fantastic on my shelf) so i'm torn on the idea, perhaps they could keep the packaging the same?!

It would be nice if some dvd/blu-ray release company could unearth a few more Amando de ossorio films for release, The blind dead are his best for sure, but he's made some other pretty darned good films.
Currently the only others I own are the BCI Eclipse/deimos/victory black slipcase releases of The loreleys grasp and night of the sorcerers, both are excellent horror movies. This company puts out lots of 'interesting' releases and i've even developed a small Paul naschy collection from their output, the picture quality on their discs is second to none and they always make sure to include all existing audio tracks and they also seem to have chucked out a few releases on blu-ray as well!. The only downside is their discs, especially the first print runs always seem to be limited pressings and become prohibitively expensive after a while so perhaps a few re-issues might be in order, or an enterprising brit might try and buy up their back catalouge and release them over here!

anyone know how to start a distribution company for dvds/blu-ray?
Old 16th March 2011, 05:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

BCI is out of business, keirarts -- that's why those Naschy/Spanish dvds are expensive now (as well as many other gems that shouldn'e be OOP, ie SAVAGE STREETS).

Like this? Share it using the links below!