Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

View Poll Results: Does the book sound interesting?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
Meh 0 0%
Voters: 3. This poll is closed

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward

Hi,

2013 marks the 40th anniversary of one of the all-time great cult films, The Wicker Man.

Directed by Robin Hardy and written by Anthony Shaffer, the film offers a unique blend of horror, mystery and music, as Christianity and Paganism clash on an island off the coast of Scotland.

The film's production was as extraordinary as the film itself. In my new e-book, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward, I bring together my extensive interviews with the director, writer and star, to create a fascinating and revealing - even occasionally contradictory - look at what went on behind the scenes.

Learn about the real reason why Ingrid Pitt was cast and how the filmmakers got around Britt Ekland's refusal to let them shoot her full-length from behind, as she danced naked, in the film's notorious seduction scene.

Read, too, the truth about Woodward's impassioned performance during the dramatic climactic scene atop a cliff and the horrified film company's attempt to bury the movie.

Available through Amazon, Smashwords and iTunes, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward is essential reading for fans of the 1973 classic and anyone interested in filmmaking and cult cinema.

I hope you enjoy reading the interviews as much as I enjoyed doing them. Even if you don't, drop me a line to let me know your thoughts.

Best
Stephen Applebaum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wickcoversmashcover4.jpg (95.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by StephenApplebaum; 8th January 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I think you'll find many fans on here regarding this, me included
StephenApplebaum likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2013, 08:48 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenApplebaum View Post
Hi,

2013 marks the 40th anniversary of one of the all-time great cult films, The Wicker Man.

Directed by Robin Hardy and written by Anthony Shaffer, the film offers a unique blend of horror, mystery and music, as Christianity and Paganism clash on an island off the coast of Scotland.

The film's production was as extraordinary as the film itself. In my new e-book, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward, I bring together my extensive interviews with the director, writer and star, to create a fascinating and revealing - even occasionally contradictory - look at what went on behind the scenes.

Learn about the real reason why Ingrid Pitt was cast and how the filmmakers got around Britt Ekland's refusal to let them shoot her from behind as she danced naked in the film's notorious seduction scene.

Read, too, about Woodward's impassioned performance during the dramatic climactic scene atop a cliff and the horrified film company's attempt to bury the movie.

Available through Amazon, Smashwords and iTunes, The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward is essential reading for fans of the 1973 classic and anyone interested in filmmaking and cult cinema.

I hope you enjoy reading the interviews as much as I enjoyed doing them. Even if you don't, drop me a line to let me know your thoughts.

Best
Stephen Applebaum
Nice. I'll be getting this for definite. I love the wicker man, watched the DVD last night in fact.

This anniversary year would be the ideal time to release wicker man on BD. Although I can imagine it being a problematic title to go through the whole HD process.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
StephenApplebaum likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks guys.
Pat Holden, director of When the Lights Went Out, said he learned some new things reading it. Hopefully you will, too. At the very least I hope there's a fresh take on some aspects of the film.
The book also includes a short appreciation by Eli Roth.
Would be great to hear people's opinions, suggestions, etc. This is my first e-book, so it's a learning curve.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Interesting, thanks for notifying us. I'm actually in the midst of trying to look into some film elements that could contain some footage from the original cut (instead of the vhs sourced footage on dvd), with the assistance of someone out West (who has connections with a bigwig at Sony that could provide further assistance should things pan out positively). Hopefully things turn out to help move a new HD sourced version along this year or so.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:37 PM
Cult Rookie

That would be fantastic. Please let me know how you go.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:03 PM
Cultist

Will a physical copy be published? Can only find it as an ebook...

Will definitely buy a copy for myself, and copies for mates!

"The monster was the best friend I ever had" - Boris Karloff.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi,

Just an ebook. I would probably need to expand it if I were to also do it as a physical copy, I'm not sure. This is something I need to look into when I do future books.

Hope you find it interesting.
Old 12th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Smashwords best place to buy book. Contains minor revision to intro.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Anyone read the book?

Hi

Has anyone read the book? Would be great to get feedback, of any kind.

Cheers
Stephen

Like this? Share it using the links below!