Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Empire of the Ants (1977) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/9301-empire-ants-1977-a.html)

demonknight 14th August 2012 10:59 AM

Empire of the Ants (1977)

Saw this movie years ago at my local cinema. Had a young Joan Collins in it. Loved the ants
POV shots where the screen would fill up with hundreds of round circles and you saw what the ants Saw. Anyone else seen this film?What are your views?

Daemonia 14th August 2012 11:06 AM

It's silly and stupid - I like it! There's a really nice DVD of it from MGM. The R1 is also on a double bill with Tentacles, another silly monster movie that I like. :)

Demoncrat 14th August 2012 11:14 AM

Can only agree, our Joan made some weird ones didn't she?? Cough I Don't Want to Be Born cough;)

demonknight 14th August 2012 11:22 AM

Enjoyed it at the time but ya it has dated very badly. Picked it up on amazon.de just to have. Got it fairly cheap so i'm happy with that. Not the best creature feature ever made but nice to see it again.

Daemonia 14th August 2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 265935)
Can only agree, our Joan made some weird ones didn't she?? Cough I Don't Want to Be Born cough;)

Aye, that she did. In between nasty babies and falling in love with a tree she did make some real crackers though. Revenge is utterly brilliant and probably the best example of her early work before she started taking off her clothes and wearing shoulder pads. Those of a certain age will get all my references, young'uns can just move right along. :lol:

Demoncrat 14th August 2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 265944)
Aye, that she did. In between nasty babies and falling in love with a tree she did make some real crackers though. Revenge is utterly brilliant and probably the best example of her early work before she started taking off her clothes and wearing shoulder pads. Those of a certain age will get all my references, young'uns can just move right along. :lol:

At least she was all woman, unlike the inflated orange rape dolls that infest the TV nowadays. Plus she looked hot as hell in those jodhpurs in Fear In The Night. Harumph!;)

James Morton 14th August 2012 12:25 PM

EOTA one of the worst films ever made along with another piece of crap she was in I DON'T WANT TO BE BORN

as Stewart Granger once said of the untalented Joan Collins

'She's common, she can't act - yet she's the hottest female property around these days. If that doesn't tell you something about the state of our industry today, what does?'

i agree with him

wasn't Donald Pleasence in IDWTBB?
and he said the worst film he was in was in Argento's PHENOMENA!!

Pete 14th August 2012 03:36 PM

I thought it was a lot of fun. I had the old UK DVD which looks really good.s

Demoncrat 14th August 2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 265950)
EOTA one of the worst films ever made along with another piece of crap she was in I DON'T WANT TO BE BORN

as Stewart Granger once said of the untalented Joan Collins

'She's common, she can't act - yet she's the hottest female property around these days. If that doesn't tell you something about the state of our industry today, what does?'

i agree with him

wasn't Donald Pleasence in IDWTBB?
and he said the worst film he was in was in Argento's PHENOMENA!!

BURN THE HERETIC

:laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th August 2012 04:43 PM

I've only seen it once and thought it good fun.

Actually both films on the MGM set are good fun.