Thread: Bigfoot Films
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2009, 02:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was watching CURSE OF BIGFOOT last night and deary me, it was terrible! On the DVD case it says they were making another film but late on changed their minds and decided to cash in on the Bigfoot craze of the time (mid-70s), it shows! The monster has to be seen to be believed but as a matter of fact he's the best thing about the movie and being a fan of bad movie monsters this one was real eye candy for me. The problem with this film is that it's not good bad but boring bad. There are scenes when it shows people wandering through the woods for 10 minutes and there's nothing happening, no forboding atmosphere, no jumps, no quick shots of the Yeti, no nothing. Now to me that ain't what I think makes a good movie, or rather an entertaining one. The last 5 minutes are classic stuff, if only the rest of the film had tried staying consistent with that.

Here's the monster :

Oh and in case you're wondering, I watched it on a cheapo Alpha DVD double bill with the equally lame CATHY'S CURSE. Both feature almost unwatchable prints but hey at least we're seeing a film as obscure as Curse being released, so beggars can't be choosers.