Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The 1980s Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
"But I am a Shadow Man from underneath a different person's bed."
That's the episode that really stood out for me, truly chilling. Was there also one about an Elvis impersonator who travels back in time and accidently kills the real Elvis?
Old 2nd July 2011, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My absolute favorite episode in this series is the one where a boy is forced to stay home with his sick grandma.
Old 10th July 2011, 03:01 PM
Cultist

Series 1 is starting on the horror channel in the Uk on Tuesday 12th July

Horror Channel - Sky 319 Virgin 149 Freesat 138 New Twilight Zone
Old 10th July 2011, 08:13 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the human man View Post
Series 1 is starting on the horror channel in the Uk on Tuesday 12th July

Horror Channel - Sky 319 Virgin 149 Freesat 138 New Twilight Zone
About time we had some Twilight Zone back on the telly in some form at least over this side of the pond.
Old 10th July 2011, 11:12 PM
Cultist

Know what you mean Tom. For the amount of channels that we have, there's **** all on them. There's loads of classic series that could be aired. I've still not seen a single episode of 'The Night Gallery'
Old 11th July 2011, 10:06 AM
Cultist

Quote:
That's the episode that really stood out for me, truly chilling. Was there also one about an Elvis impersonator who travels back in time and accidently kills the real Elvis?
Yes, Season 2 opener "A Once and Future King" - with an appearance from the real Elvis's friend, RED WEST as the Crown Electric Boss.......remeber seeing this as it was on straight after Sledge Hammer over here at the time.......My other fave is the one with the child who sees things in pictures then they appear with him and he ends up killing his mother and social worker!
Old 12th July 2011, 07:44 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Seeing as The Horror Channel is starting to show season 1 today at 13:00 and then repeated at 18:00 every week day, we thought it would be a good time to start posting up the episode threads for the eighties series.

Here's the first groupd of episodes HERE seperated out into each story. This should see us through the first week, and I'll have the reast of the season up over the next couple of days.

So let's get some discussion going!
Old 25th July 2011, 02:03 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Know what you mean Tom. For the amount of channels that we have, there's **** all on them. There's loads of classic series that could be aired. I've still not seen a single episode of 'The Night Gallery'
You can pick up the first season DVD quite cheap these days (less than £8 on Amazon).

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 25th July 2011, 02:05 PM
Cultist

It's times like these I wish I'd actually invested in Sky+ when I had the chance. I opted not too because there isn't enough on TV for me to need it (I only watch a handful of shows). But I'm rarely in at around 6pm due to work and extra curicular activities. I can't even catch it on Horror+1!

I did see the poker segment last week however which I thought was pretty excellent.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:45 AM
Cult Rookie

I haven’t watched the eighties TZ for a couple of years now, but from what I remember, the segments that I thought were the very best of the lot were these good ones:

Kentucky Rye
Paladin of the Lost Hour
Opening Day
The Beacon
One Life, Furnished in Early Poverty
Gramma
The Leprechaun-Artist
Dead Run

Last edited by Big Gaz; 27th July 2011 at 06:40 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!