Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The 1980s Show
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

So does this thread include The Twilight Zone movie? I've never seen that, but am well aware of it due to the tragic accident on set in the Philippines. It would be great to see that get a decent release one day, with extras reflecting on what happened!
Old 31st July 2011, 10:11 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
So does this thread include The Twilight Zone movie? I've never seen that, but am well aware of it due to the tragic accident on set in the Philippines. It would be great to see that get a decent release one day, with extras reflecting on what happened!
You're absolutely right. Odd that we've never discussed the movie before. Quite right Sir, I've just made a thread for it.
Old 31st July 2011, 10:45 AM
Cult Rookie

Did anyone have the VHS anthologies that were released in the late '80s? They had six episodes each on them. I used to watch them endlessly

While the '80s Twilight Zone could never hold a candle to the original series in my opinion, I still think it's one of the better anthology series in an era swamped with them (Tales From The Crypt, Freddy's Nightmares etc).
Old 31st July 2011, 03:57 PM
Cultist

While it is better than Freddy's Nightmares (and Friday the 13th for that matter), I don't think it's as good as Tales From The Crypt which I have such a soft spot for.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 31st July 2011, 08:43 PM
Cult Rookie

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Tales From The Crypt, but there's something about the 80s Twilight Zone that just appeals more to me. Oddly though, I prefer Creepshow to both, even though Creepshow's essentially a movie version of TFTC
Old 1st August 2011, 08:28 AM
Cultist

Granted, I've only seen a handful of episodes of the 80s series so I can't pass too much judgement on it yet.

But I can say that the first 5 stories of TFTC are better than the first 5 stories of 80s TZ haha!

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:56 AM
Cult Rookie

i of newton was a classic there was another one called dream lover which was also good had a good twist the creepshow movies were awesome but whatever you do stay away from number three shocker!!
Old 21st September 2011, 08:41 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I recenly spoke to Paul Chtilik, he was a writer and story editor for the eighties Twilight Zone in season 3.

Very nice and intelligent man, with some great insights. Chech it out here:

The Twilight Zone Network - Home - The Twilight Zone Podcast: Paul ChitlikĀ*Interview
Old 22nd September 2011, 07:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I named my band after the Elvis episode "The Once and Future King", haha.

I saw a tiny bit of one on the Horror Channel the other day, but I didn't catch all of it and the episode name wasn't on the EPG. It had Jack Nance (Eraserhead/Twin Peaks) in it and an alien that may or may not have been Ted Danson. I know that's unbelievably vague, but could a fan shed some light on what episode it was?
Old 22nd September 2011, 08:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
I recenly spoke to Paul Chtilik, he was a writer and story editor for the eighties Twilight Zone in season 3.

Very nice and intelligent man, with some great insights. Chech it out here:

The Twilight Zone Network - Home - The Twilight Zone Podcast: Paul Chitlik*Interview
Started listening to your podcast this week. Hear the interview with the couple who made the Charles Beaumont doc. Sounds interesting! I don't think I've ever seen the 1980s episodes, but I did start listening to the Chtilik interview yesterday. I'm intrigued to see these.

Like this? Share it using the links below!