Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2013, 07:40 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Gotta love back cover blurbs. Who the hell is Lucio Fulcio?

Great little film. The sequel is downright strange though.
Part 3 is even stranger
Old 30th May 2013, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Great little film. The sequel is downright strange though.
That's what my wife calls him because she can never remember exactly what he's called. Or some other daft name she always calls most directors by some unusual name if she trying to pronounce them and can't remember exactly what they are called.
Old 30th May 2013, 04:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Old 30th May 2013, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz View Post
Its quite funny to me just how mild the the few seconds that are cut actually are in the UK release, by that standard of censorship am surprised the entire horror genre isn't just outlawed in the UK completely. It reminds me of another really trivial cut, the cat eating the mouse in Inferno, not cut now but that defo wins the prize for most silly cut.

We should start a thread to try and work out what the most trivial thing censored in the UK is.
A LEGO film called Ninjagu was cut just last year by 12 seconds because a LEGO man hid inside a fridge.

Stormhouse, again just last year, was cut by 1 second because no 15 year old has ever heard the c word that rhymes with runt.

But for me, this is the best one last year. American Horror Story, you know, the TV series? Shown completely uncut on telly but CUT by 5 seconds for dvd release!! Apparently if you see someone in a film hang themselves then you might suddenly realize that, "That's how it's done!" and now be enabled to hang yourself!

You couldn't make this stuff up but whenever censorship is brought up the tide of opinion is that "Things are so much better than they used to be!" which although very true, is far from the veracity of the situation. The Censors (Call them classifiers if you prefer, but that is a miss-nomer, if they cut and ban films then they are not classifying - but censoring. ) still hack and slash their way though many films - around 25 in the last 2 and a half years alone.

Oh, oh, nearly forgot, quick edit; Back in the day when Ferman held sway and almighty power, "Blood on breasts is a trigger for rapists." Quote - unquote from the Man himself, hence many, many cuts.

Last edited by Boo Radley; 30th May 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 30th May 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The hiding in the fridge on is insane but they do take a strict view on 'imitable dangerous behaviour'

They're an odd bunch as Rocky Horror Picture Show is now reclassified as a 12A which seems too low due to the content of the film. I'd have thought it'd still be a 15 with all the sex and innuendo
Old 30th May 2013, 09:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

And then something like the brilliant but harrowing and graphic Tony Kaye documentary Lake of Fire is exempt from classification
Old 5th August 2013, 08:46 AM
Cult Rookie

Another Asian Horror I've wanted to see for a while. I remember reading about it years ago and it always intrigued me.

Like this? Share it using the links below!