Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2009, 12:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

The first 2 are the only ones really worth having I'd guess, 3 was alright but cheesy, if the production values went any lower than that I'd worry.

2 is my favourite as it does what the first couldn't, giving you a real look into the world of hellraiser.
Old 16th March 2009, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm a big fan of the first 3 Hellraiser films - yes, I do like part 3. Hellraiser 2: Hellbound is probably my favourite, though. Saying that, when I saw Hellraiser when it first came out back in the 80's, I was blown away by it. I'd never seen anything quite like it - until the sequel, which even managed to outdo its predecessor.

So yes, put me down as a huge fan. I regularly watch the first 3 films.
Vipp likes this.
Old 16th March 2009, 02:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I like all the first three & four has its moments (Shame it was drastically edited),but the rest are poor.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'm a big fan of the Hellraiser films. The first two are absolute classics and while they may not be up to the same standard I've always thought the other sequels were decent enough (though I've yet to see 'Deader' and 'Hellworld'). I've always had a soft spot for part 3 in particular, it's a tad cheesey but it's got some decent gore and offers a nice insight into Pinheads background/ origin etc. I was a bit disapointed with 'Inferno' but 'Bloodline' and 'Hellseeker' both have their moments aswell.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The first Hellraiser is a great film

Not really seen much of the sequels.

I have a good idea what they will be like
Old 20th March 2009, 08:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Original is best for me.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th March 2009, 08:41 PM
Ex-member

i watched part 6 again the other night its better than i thought and it was nice to see chatter and butterball back
Old 10th February 2013, 08:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The original Hellraiser has had a decent BD release and I know there's a US bargain box set of later sequels but how about II & III? The AB puzzle box DVD set has served me well over the years but I'd upgrade if there's a decent HD alternative. Anyone know if the any of the import BDs are worthwhile?
Old 5th November 2013, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not heard anything about this before, but the Pitch Trailer included on this site looks promising.
Possible Hellraiser reboot titled Hellraiser:Origins, new look Pinhead (not bad either tbh) and possible new designs for the Engineer and Leviathan

Hellraiser : Origins
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th November 2013, 11:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I enjoy the first film, something about it gives me horror nostalgia, i could never afford the second film on VHS so i only had the third and fouth. still i would say the first three are great films. i love my copy of Hellbound heart too, anyone into reading that enjoyes the first film will enjoy the book. it's cheap too! finally Hellraiser gave us one of the most memorable horror quotes...

"Jesus....Wept" Improvised gold. lol.

Like this? Share it using the links below!