Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Hammer time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2016, 04:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default f13th part 3,alternate ending

hi guys, recently whilst searching the net for uncut status horror films, I came across an alternate ending for Friday 13th part 3.
this alternate ending involves the surviving girl being be headed.
there was screen shots of this, but does anyone own this version?

I also came across a film cover for The Burning,part 2.
does this film exist?

thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 06:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

The MPAA came in for a lot of flack at the time for giving the first Friday a R rating, so the sequels had a rough time and have stuff missing* (No. 2 got hacked worse than if Jason had done it, if I remember right the director burnt the footage cause he was so pissed off with the censorship) in Fangoria they had a still of some guy chopped completely in half by Jason (I never saw that in a Friday) would love to see a complete uncut box set of the Fridays, but most if not all of the censored stuff is probably gone by now.

Have no idea about Burning 2, just wishful thinking.

* would really like to see a comprehensive list of all the MPAA cuts to the Friday films (just think, you work your arse off to craft some great gory effect only for some twonk to order it removed.)
Old 29th November 2016, 07:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
hi guys, recently whilst searching the net for uncut status horror films, I came across an alternate ending for Friday 13th part 3.
this alternate ending involves the surviving girl being be headed.
According to IMDB, there are actually two alternate endings to Friday 13th, Part III:
  • The original ending of Jason cutting off Chris head was meant to be a dream sequence. It was followed by Chris waking up screaming in the back of the police car. This "dream" scene was cut and replaced by the other "dream" scene with Jason's rotted mother jumping out of the lake and grabbing Chris.
  • Another alternate ending had Ali surviving; Chris opens the door to find Jason, but is scared by Ali. They both get away. Soon after, the paramedics arrive, only to never find Jason's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
would really like to see a comprehensive list of all the MPAA cuts to the Friday films (just think, you work your arse off to craft some great gory effect only for some twonk to order it removed.)
Friday The 13th Films: Detailed BBFC and MPAA cuts

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th November 2016, 08:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
According to IMDB, there are actually two alternate endings to Friday 13th, Part III:
  • The original ending of Jason cutting off Chris head was meant to be a dream sequence. It was followed by Chris waking up screaming in the back of the police car. This "dream" scene was cut and replaced by the other "dream" scene with Jason's rotted mother jumping out of the lake and grabbing Chris.
  • Another alternate ending had Ali surviving; Chris opens the door to find Jason, but is scared by Ali. They both get away. Soon after, the paramedics arrive, only to never find Jason's body.

Friday The 13th Films: Detailed BBFC and MPAA cuts
That isn't what Plato meant, Susan. The films were butchered beforehand to meet the MPAA regulations. Not what was cut afterwards.
Old 29th November 2016, 11:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Cheers Susan, and that was what was sent to the MPAA, I would imagine there's a lot more missing as the owners surely did pre-chop the films in hope of an R, also I remember a LD of the first Friday that was uncut/unrated and sold like hotcakes* and almost convinced me to buy a LD player.

*Lost count of how many punters came into Rumbelows asking for Friday uncut on LD, many more than actually bought a player.
Old 30th November 2016, 04:37 PM
Active Cultist

i collected unusual versions of Friday the 13th movies in the late 90's,I have never found a alternative version of part 3.
These were/should be available at your local record fair lol
Part 4 Uncut-Release version with the TV version non gore added but has the uncut nurse decapitation included
Part 5 Version 2-Has all the swearing removed and different angles/dialog,i prefer this version
Goes to hell-Turns in to a different film after the 1st 10 mins,this version has more gore and is a better movie unfortunately the version in the wild is taken from a VHS dupe with the tracking out
Old 30th November 2016, 04:48 PM
Cult Addict

The r2 special edition Friday 13th part 3 (white slipcase featuring a pitchfork with a pool of blood at the bottom) that came out a few years ago has a very interesting mini documentary on the alternate ending/beheading.

Like this? Share it using the links below!