Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Turkey Shoot: Classic exploitation or worthless crap?
Poll Options
Turkey Shoot: Classic exploitation or worthless crap?

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2009, 01:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Classic exploitation or worthless crap? Actually, I think it falls somewhere in between IMO. It's not quite a classic but it's good enough not to be total shit. I do think it has a better reputation than it deserves, it's not that good, I don't think. It's so-so, an okay affair but nothing to write home about.
Old 14th June 2009, 01:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

No offence, but those OZ films a few mentioned should have to carry those warning boxes on the jacket.
WARNING---This film contains scenes of extreme boredom ! hehehehe
Old 14th June 2009, 03:17 PM
Blogs Moderator

What about Bad Boy Bubby?

I love that movie.
Old 14th June 2009, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bad Boy Bubby is a terrific film.

In fact, this is dying for a poll of it's own: What's your favourite Oz-sploitation film? There's plenty of greats too choose from. As for Blood Camp Thatcher, it's deliriously wonderful crap. Thumbs up from me!
Old 15th June 2009, 05:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

CLASSIC -8

CRAP-2

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nobody mentioned chopper yet a Australian film
Highly entertaining film again not a classic but def well worth having
Old 16th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just Watched Thatcher again after years!, I never realised there were so many Famous Aussie faces, Lynda Stoner was a main female in the film she was a famous model also actress most memorable for her brief role In prisoner Cell Block H where her violent attack on officer Joyce Barry ep 586 went down amongst the most violent scenes of the whole run. The girl beaten to a pulp near the start was oriana Panzozzo, who was the second actress to play whingy pain in the arse Susan Hamilton for the finale 2 seasons of Sons & Daughters,The vicious bald headed coot on the artwork who attacked Oriana also played an equally vicious guard at the blackmoor prison in Cell Block H's final 30 episodes 666 (How ironic).

The Film itself has had time be fairly kind to it, it is definately an exploitation classic, and the print was quite reasonable for vipco,I get the impression it was however dubbed for some odd reason??, it is a film that can be enjoyed more than once.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Personally, i think TS tips more towards the classic end of the exploitation scale rather than the crap end. The film certainly has it's flaws but TS still merits a viewing imo and what about Michael Craig's (excuse the pun) explosive exit? Quite possibly the highlight of the film.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:09 PM
Cultist

Just ordered the optimum disc from amazon,looking forward to making an informed decision on this...
Old 21st June 2011, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ah, ive only got the hardgore 1, £1 in blockbusters etc, i take it this is cut?? as exploitation its up there, sleazy guards (though nae as sleazy as in Big Bird Cage), crushingly naff dialogue....im digging this out tonight...

speaking of oz "classics" anyone remember THE CLUB?? twas one of the red triangle films i seem to remember????

Like this? Share it using the links below!