Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Turkey Shoot: Classic exploitation or worthless crap?
Poll Options
Turkey Shoot: Classic exploitation or worthless crap?

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st June 2011, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
ah, ive only got the hardgore 1, £1 in blockbusters etc, i take it this is cut?? as exploitation its up there, sleazy guards (though nae as sleazy as in Big Bird Cage), crushingly naff dialogue....im digging this out tonight...

speaking of oz "classics" anyone remember THE CLUB?? twas one of the red triangle films i seem to remember????
Hardgore edition is uncut.
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Hardgore edition is uncut.
michty!! ok, noted. cheers....
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:24 PM
Cultist

Quote:
ah, ive only got the hardgore 1, £1 in blockbusters etc, i take it this is cut?? as exploitation its up there, sleazy guards (though nae as sleazy as in Big Bird Cage), crushingly naff dialogue....im digging this out tonight...

speaking of oz "classics" anyone remember THE CLUB?? twas one of the red triangle films i seem to remember????
Been meaning to get Big Bird Cage for a while, any good?
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I always remember my older brother telling me about it when it first came out, so I really wanted to see it for along time. But I honestly wasn't that impressed with it in the end, the head shot at the end is terrific though!
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
Been meaning to get Big Bird Cage for a while, any good?
its a singular delight, sid haig & pam grier etc, some really ripe dialogue etc, i approve of such cheese but its nae up there in the WIP stakes, tis more cuddly than them....
Old 23rd June 2011, 02:46 PM
Cultist

saw it on the old Bravo channel years ago, loved it......gonna try getting a cheapy from amazon
Old 25th June 2011, 08:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I used to own both the Vipco and Hardgore editions of the relevant Aussie actioner but passed 'em both on in favour of the ABUS release and Optimum's DVD. I believe the latter boasts an interview with director Brian Trenchard-Smith that isn't mentioned on the actual sleeve.

Impressive Danish outfit AWE also issued a good TS DVD a while back with the best cover of the lot imo. No surprises there!
Old 25th June 2011, 09:20 AM
Cultist

Quote:
its a singular delight, sid haig & pam grier etc, some really ripe dialogue etc, i approve of such cheese but its nae up there in the WIP stakes, tis more cuddly than them....
Nice, thought it might be quite a tame one but I'll grab it soon anyway.
Watched Turkey Shoot and I'd like to start by saying thanks to Optimum for some cool extras which give the viewer a real insight into the back story of how this movie came to be and the picture quality is perfect. So to the film itself, AWESOME!!! I love it and really feel as though i should've seen it sooner, love the casting,acting,dialogue,sets,and fx and the soundtrack is exactly what you'd expect from this kind of film. Exploitation classic that plays like a cross between Logans Run and The Running Man on acid, QUALITY TRASH!!!!
Old 6th September 2011, 05:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Who'd buy TURKEY SHOOT on BD?

Actually I quite like the old Vipco title and artwork that was BLOODCAMP THATCHER!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 715579N7N9L._SL500_AA300_.gif.jpg (19.1 KB, 6 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps Vipco can make a comeback and release this on BD with DVD quality picture?

I'd love to see this in Hi Def!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!