Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Night Of The Creeps (1986) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/1457-night-creeps-1986-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th June 2009 06:15 PM

Night Of The Creeps (1986)

3 Attachment(s)
I see this is getting a Region 1 release in the near future.:cool:
Over at Amazon.com,they're letting you vote for which cover art should be used.
Unfortunately,none of 'em are too hot......:(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th June 2009 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now,here is what they should have used.....;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th June 2009 09:06 PM

Yeah none of those are too appealing.If that's the best they can come up with,i would probabaly go for the third one.....maybe! oh i don't know lol.The yellow of the 3rd choice remonds me of something :D That's one of the many great things about Shameless/Arrow,the choice of new artwork or original poster art.If only everyone offered the same

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd July 2009 07:40 PM

They could learn a thing or two from the releases on here eh Steve?;)

Gigantor 14th July 2009 01:46 AM

Yeah it finally comes out on DVD in October,The covers they're apparently considering are absolutely horrible and I would be embaressed to present those to anyone.I have seen some stinky new covers but wow these ones are just sad.:ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th July 2009 06:47 PM

Spot on.The original poster art was great.Why try and fix something that ain't broken?
I suppose we should be glad it's getting a shiny disc release though eh?:o
After all.Someone out there is pumping their money into this.....:cool:

jdog 5th January 2010 08:35 AM

this is a great film and imo dekker's best film even though there is not much to choose from lol. the mix of horror and sci-fi really worked for me and who couldnt love tom atkins performance in it. a classic 80's film to say the least and its nice to see it getting the release if needed. the blu-ray is fantastic might i add so go grab it people.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th January 2010 07:51 PM

Tom Atkins is an unsung genre hero.
Great actor.:nod:

darthelvis 7th February 2010 08:07 AM

Got the Blu Ray for Christmas and agree the cover art is rubbish! Tom Atkiins is awesome! Thrill me!

Vampix 7th February 2010 09:49 AM

I got the DVD and the cover art is equally crap, nice transfer & great extras though.I have to agree with reaper about Tom Atkins, a great actor with Halloween III and The Fog being two of my faves. :cool:

Splatterdragon73 13th February 2010 12:15 PM

Got the NOTC DVD in the post a few days ago and i'm waiting on the Blu-Ray edition arriving too.
No doubt a great release crammed with some enticing extras but as per usual when i'll get around to watching this title is anyones guess!

The main thing is i actually own a copy and that's good enough for me at the mo!:)

|cy 8th March 2010 11:13 AM

This film is a guilty pleasure :biggrin:

I don't yet own the official DVD release unfortunately - only a bootleg (featuring both endings) that I acquired before the DVD version was released.
It's on the to-do list.

Gigantor 8th March 2010 01:31 PM

THE BLURAY is great looking.The Bluray and the Regular DVD go for fairly cheap right now.

nekromantik 8th March 2010 02:59 PM

Its a MUST OWN blu!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th March 2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 62852)
Got the NOTC DVD in the post a few days ago and i'm waiting on the Blu-Ray edition arriving too.
No doubt a great release crammed with some enticing extras but as per usual when i'll get around to watching this title is anyones guess!

The main thing is i actually own a copy and that's good enough for me at the mo!:)

The Standard DVD got a one sided cover mate?

nekromantik 8th March 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 66169)

Both Blu and DVD have one sided cover on the new release.
If thats what your talking about :lol:

pedromonkey 9th March 2010 12:33 AM

very cool film and a great dvd, yes the cover art sucks and i prefer the one on my bootleg but i had to have this to go with the 20th anniversary edition of Monster Squad. get a little Fred Dekker shrine on the go.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th March 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

If only! I may be in the minority here but I wish they had used the dvd art on the Blu-ray too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th March 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 66248)
Monster Squad.

Another one that should have had the original art on the dvd/blu-ray. :mad:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th March 2010 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone here use custom dvd/blu-ray artwork? I have this blu-ray cover of NOTC if anyone fancies printing it out and using it? I got it from a talented member over at the Hidefdigest forums who designed it (the cover,not the art).Just send me a PM.

Gojirosan 9th March 2010 08:45 PM

I...er...*cough*...well...I...I have never actually...I have never seen Night Of The Creeps!

:blush:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th March 2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 66392)
I...er...*cough*...well...I...I have never actually...I have never seen Night Of The Creeps!

Leave here.............NOW! :lol: Only joking.

nekromantik 9th March 2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 66392)

:ack:
FAIL
ha ha :lol:

i was like that till a year ago. Loved it from the first viewing.

Splatterdragon73 14th March 2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

I'm not too sure my copy is still sealed right now.

However, i reckon both the U.K. VHS sleeves (The 'zombie hand through the door' illustration and the great Graham Humphreys artwork.) would've sufficed as superior DVD and BR cover designs imo.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2010 11:01 AM

Which Is why I'm using the Graham Humphreys artwork with my Blu-ray :nod: So much cooler than the official cover.

Splatterdragon73 14th March 2010 11:11 AM

Good man and you know what they say "Great minds think alike.".

The U.S. NOTC DVD and BR covers are not too bad but they could've been so much better. I hate it when great films are saddled with less-than-stellar artwork and we've all seen examples of this sorry situation.:(

wykes1986 14th March 2010 12:15 PM

Not only is the artwork horrible but the case it comes in is horrible it’s a low grade DVD case, with a massive recycle logo cut out of it!, that got changed straight way.

By the way did anybody go and meet Atkins when he was at collectormania a few years back? I got him to sign my VHS :biggrin: ‘to Chris thrill me, Atkins’.

That was also the day i had a conversation with Romero about incest (the crazies)

:chainsaw:

Basketcase 29th March 2010 11:55 PM

night of the creeps is such a wicked movie and has some seriously funny quotes. Really wish they would release a region 2 dvd of the movie :(.

pedromonkey 30th March 2010 12:27 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this film, such an awesome flick. The U.S release does have some bad cover art, and yes that ECO case is flimsey as hell, but i've got a bootleg copy too with the hand coming through the window. It's wierd that this got such a shit dvd release where as Decker's Monster Squad was give awesome treatment by lionsgate. Sony dropped a bollock on a potentially awesome release...

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th March 2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 70420)
It's wierd that this got such a shit dvd release where as Decker's Monster Squad was give awesome treatment by lionsgate. Sony dropped a bollock on a potentially awesome release...

Shit release? :confused: The NOTC dvd/blu-ray is a fantastic release.It's got more stuff on it than Monster Squad.

pedromonkey 30th March 2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 70430)
Shit release? :confused: The NOTC dvd/blu-ray is a fantastic release.It's got more stuff on it than Monster Squad.

you are right stevoj, i checked out my copy and yes there does seem to be more on there, all i could remember was the reunion. but they could have made a better cover for the dvd, i remember it being a voting system to decide on the covers..

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th March 2010 12:21 PM

Yeah the covers are awful but luckily I have a much better custom cover on my blu-ray,which can be seen on page 2 of this thread.

Vampix 30th March 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wykes1986 (Post 67047)
Not only is the artwork horrible but the case it comes in is horrible it’s a low grade DVD case, with a massive recycle logo cut out of it!, that got changed straight way.

My Commando DVD came in one of these awful cases too, if you're not careful you can put a hole in the cover while trying to extract the disc from the flimsy case. :mad:

turdbrain 7th January 2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 66386)
Does anyone here use custom dvd/blu-ray artwork? I have this blu-ray cover of NOTC if anyone fancies printing it out and using it? I got it from a talented member over at the Hidefdigest forums who designed it (the cover,not the art).Just send me a PM.

Do you have a larger size image of this ace cover?

JamesN 5th June 2016 05:15 PM

I love this movie so much. If there's a more quotable horror film from the '80s, I haven't seen it!

My son and I met Mr. Tom Atkins at a horror con a few years ago, and the kid snapped a photo with him (after he politely agreed to do the whole "No, Bozo the Clown" exchange with us -- how freakin' cool is that?!) . . . unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding said photo at the moment. Hope to remedy that soon, so I can share it here!