Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Superstition (1982) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/1743-superstition-1982-a.html)

Gojirosan 14th October 2009 07:10 PM

Superstition (1982)

So, I finally remembered the name of the flick with circular saw blade scene that came in one of those wonderful golden VTC big boxes when I was a teenager and figure I'll see if it's about for a DVD nostalgia trip.

Can anyone fill me in on why the UK DVD (Momentum: still the same cover image as back in '83 I'm glad to see!) is hitting collector's item prices? Is it just because it's deleted or does it offer something more than the US DVD?

I'll hold off on purchasing in the hope that one of you fine and knowledgeable types might have some info! :)

gag 15th October 2009 07:30 AM

not to sure mate but the film is fantastic in many ways and also very atmospheric with the music as well

i still got hold of my old vhs
all my vhs tapes are still in my mums attic

Peter Neal 15th October 2009 09:09 AM

Love this (admittedly a bit silly) "supernatural slasher" variation. Gets more fun with every viewing!:popcorn::p

Vampix 15th October 2009 02:59 PM

The Momentum disc has no extras whatsoever, all the Anchor Bay disc has is the movie trailer and a better cover than the R2.I've always had a soft spot for Superstition since I saw the VTC video years back, it's quite atmospheric and features a few imaginative kills(especially the girl who's head is staked to the floor).It seems to have built up quite a cult following over the years, I'll have to give it a re-watch sometime. :)

Paul 15th October 2009 06:11 PM

I have the Momentum DVD of it. Awesome film! It's cheaper to buy the pre-cert tape than the UK DVD of it!:eek:

42ndStreetFreak 17th October 2009 02:47 PM

Lovely stuff. Best microwave splat ever.
Such a huge bodycount as well. RACK 'EM UP!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th October 2009 10:41 AM

It's OOP now,that's why it's extortion.
Better off with the ABUS disc.
Momentum's disc was fine,but not at crazy prices!

One of the best low-budget horrors of the eighties.Love it.:nod:

Splatterdragon73 20th October 2009 09:48 AM

I was up for buying Momentum's U.K. DVD when it was originally available until i discovered the ABUS version with the inclusion of a trailer so my money headed stateside!:happy:

This is the movie where one character gets cut in half by a malevolent window frame isn't it?

Gojirosan 20th October 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 45147)
This is the movie where one character gets cut in half by a malevolent window frame isn't it?

That's right!

Damn! I need to get this film!

gag 20th October 2009 10:26 AM

I think its a gr8 film i still havent got round to buying it on dvd yet