Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Return to Salem's Lot (1987) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/2736-return-salems-lot-1987-a.html)

oaxaca 13th April 2010 05:03 PM

Great! thanks for the links thats just what I was looking for:)

y2mimms 13th April 2010 05:30 PM

I have'nt seen thixs in years but i do remember enjoying it. I don't understand why Barlow is on the cover of this one considering he is not in the movie. However, it is nice to see a young Tara Reid as a vamp !!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th April 2010 05:51 PM

Cohen was indeed behind it.
Not bad at all-I used to have it on a vhs double bill with the original.
I don't know why it shows Reggie Nalder from the original-'The Master' don't feature in it.
Some sneaky 'Vipco style' marketing there eh?:lol:

vincenzo 13th April 2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 73899)
Not bad at all-I used to have it on a vhs double bill with the original.

That's the one I have. Quite an eccentric film really. Not a patch on the original but worthwhile just to see some old Hollywood notables in the cast (Evelyn Keyes, June Havoc and director Sam Fuller).

broonage 14th April 2010 08:09 AM

Thanks for the link too!!

I have almost every single King film on DVD, this will make me closer. lol

Gigantor 14th April 2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 74047)
Thanks for the link too!!

I have almost every single King film on DVD, this will make me closer. lol

So well do you feel Stephen King's works have been adapted into film?

broonage 14th April 2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 74050)
So well do you feel Stephen King's works have been adapted into film?

Sorry, not sure i understand your question. :)

Just made an order, how do i pay on BeyondMedia (bank transfer, direct cash, or bar, but i don't know what bar is)?

oaxaca 14th April 2010 01:58 PM

I think Gigantor meant to put a "how" in that question :p I reckon most King films havn't been up to par (save a few, e.g. Salem's Lot, COTC1, Misery (Caan is a legend!) & the prison-drama ones among a few others). Still, although they havn't been classics, they are mostly entertaining and could have been a whole lot worse. Being a B-movie fan (in the main) I have a soft spot for many 'lesser' King films (such as return to salems lot, graveyard shift, children of the corn 2&3, needful things, etc.

As for that website, broonage, I havn;'t checked it out yet but will be buying soon. Hope you work out how to order from there, so you can let me know too :thumb::p

vincenzo 14th April 2010 02:16 PM

Stand By Me and The Dead Zone are my favourite King adaptations.

oaxaca 14th April 2010 02:27 PM

Havn't seen dead zone, but I agree that Stand By Me is an excellent film. It captures the nostalgia of that era, something that King does very well in his writing.

Out of interest, has anyone read the short story Jerusalem's Lot, from the book Night Shift (same book that COTC and Lawnmower man, et al, came from). I really liked this story; reminded me very much of a Lovecraft short.