Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2010, 12:48 PM
Active Cultist

Default Cannibal Holocaust - 95 minute version?

I've got the EC Entertainment Ultrabit DVD of Cannibal Holocaust which, according to DVD Compare is the longest version of the film.

According the film's IMDB and Wikipedia pages, the full runtime is 95 minutes, however the runtime of the EC DVD is 91 minutes. The EC edition is the only version of the film that I've ever seen, but when watching it it doesn't seem as if any scenes have been obviously cut or censored, and it contains all the acts of animal cruelty listed on the Wiki page in full (as far as I can tell).

So the question is, is there a 95 minute version out there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVD Front.jpg (27.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 21st May 2010, 12:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Maybe the differences are between NTSC and PAL, which might explain the longer running time.

As far as I'm aware, the EC version is the full, uncut version. Even the Grindhouse version is missing a bit from the 'Road to Hell' sequence.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:30 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Maybe the differences are between NTSC and PAL, which might explain the longer running time.
That's a good point, the PAL runtime is 91:53, when converted to NTSC it is 95:48.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, the running time difference is due to the different frame rate between film and PAL and the conversion which speeds up the film. You lose one minute in every 25 (4%), a 100 minute film will run 96 minutes on a PAL DVD or video.
Old 22nd May 2010, 01:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I got the Grindhouse release but it contains the full last road to hell sequence as a extra. Your not missing much in the actual film as that sequence is just them watching the found footage back.

I cant be botherd to check me bonus disk to see if it does have the full sequence but even if it dont, its only 10 seconds and this release contains best extras and animal cruelty free version. Plus the case is nice as I got the aussy digibook version.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 29th June 2010, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

now,im not 100% sure on this,but i think ive seen this film on e bay with a running time of 98mins?but ive definately seen a 96min version advertised.both were 2 disc versions. seem to believe there is a 3disc version?

Like this? Share it using the links below!