Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Good one .. I too recall the opening credits! The black on red caused havoc with the TV on old VHS .... horrid colour bleed and speckles everywhere. Twas the same on A Clockwork Orange too ... thank the lord for DVD! You are right about the casio-synth esqh title music too. Cringe worthy really .. but I still hold the film in close fondness. Not a patch on The Burning or The Prowler though.

Old 20th June 2010, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

How about a deformed maniac match bewteen Madman Marz and Cropsy the cooked camp caretaker?

The axe versus the garden shears in a bloody battle to the death!

No interference from The Prowler allowed though. I'm not sure he'd measure up to either of the aforementioned psycho fiends!
Old 20th June 2010, 02:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

My money is on Marz!!!! He a big bearish brute of a maniac!!!!

Old 20th June 2010, 03:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Hey goredogs.... TheMadmanMarz replies

This is a copy of my newbie email pasted here for those who haven't checked out new member thread lately.

Hello fellow hounds.... I'm Gary Sales, Producer of the 80's Slasher, MADMAN.

I noticed some threads here discussing MADMAN, which has been OOP since 2006, and I felt I should waste no time alerting this fine group of gorehounds that Madman Marz is gettin' the Re-Boot in several wayz.

I've made a deal with the boyz at CODE RED to release a 30 Year Anniversary Edition DVD of Madman this September. Along with it, is a brand new featurette with interviews of cast and crew, lovingly made by NY horror filmmakers Victor Bonacore & Dave Beinlich--- plus it'a also got lots of my personal, never-before-seen, vintage photos and other rare images from the 1980 shoot.

Not only am I putting this new DVD out for your viewing pleasure, but I'm working day and night to set up the NEW MADMAN MARZ 3D RE-IMAGINING PROJECT. and get MADMAN MARZ up on 3D screens around the world in 2011.

MADMAN MARZ, the re-imagining is a great script (written by Marz himself, the son of Marz and yours truly.) (The script is literally born of our blood and those of you who've listened to the commentary track on the AB DVD know the story of how Marz's son, Jonathan Sebastian was born during the making of MADMAN and Marz ran off to the hospital in full costume to be at his wife's side. Don't worry... it's all on the new DVD).

The 3D MADMAN MARZ re-imagining is chocked full of nasty killz and gut-busting suspense sequences. I'm teaming up with some awesome filmmaking personnel to pull it all off top drawer and am pissing myself having to wait to present it to you and the rest of the world.

Be the first to know whaz up with MARZ .
Like us and become a fan on Facebook and suggest us to your horror loving friends.
Follow and retweet us on twitter.
Converse with me right here or by direct email.

Love him or hate him MADMAN MARZ will be slashing his way back onto your screens real soon.

Looking forward to conversing with all the members.

Have a nasty good day!
Follow us on http://www.twitter.com/theMadmanMarz
Like us and be a fan: http://www.facebook.com/MadmanMarzMovie

Scream
Entertainment
Enterprises, Inc.
TheMadmanMarz@gmail.com
Old 20th June 2010, 03:21 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Marz vs. Cropsy

Hey Splatter et al...

If you know the story behind Madman (another tale told on the DVD commentary track coming out on CODE RED'S New 30 Year Anni Edition DVD in Sept)
I was originally making the Cropsy legend but a few weeks before principal photo, we found out that another company was also doing that public domain legend, we got a copy of their script and I created Marz and he's been slashing ever since.

Here's a question for serious Madman Marz triva mavens. Well, at least for anyone who's listened to the commentary on the original DVD or seen any of my interviews on FearNet.com or DeadPit.com, etc.
Anyone out there happen to know who those other guys making Cropsy were and what company they became?

-gs

P.S. There's a cool new doc on The Cropsy Tale that's just breaking here in the states. Intriguing and creepy and a testament to the power of Urban Legends.
Follow us on http://www.twitter.com/theMadmanMarz
Like us and be a fan: http://www.facebook.com/MadmanMarzMovie

Scream
Entertainment
Enterprises, Inc.
TheMadmanMarz@gmail.com
Old 20th June 2010, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

You can put me down for a copy of Code Red's new Madman SE, never seen the film but heard lots about it.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Hi Gary

A great plug for the upcoming Code Red release .. and why not!!! if the fans aren't made aware, what is the point eh mate?

One thing I do hope is that the 2011 3D re-imaging of Madman steers clear of CGI kills!!!! They are ruining new horror movies!!! Bring back rubber and corn syrup blood!!
Old 20th June 2010, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Hi Gary

A great plug for the upcoming Code Red release .. and why not!!! if the fans aren't made aware, what is the point eh mate?

One thing I do hope is that the 2011 3D re-imaging of Madman steers clear of CGI kills!!!! They are ruining new horror movies!!! Bring back rubber and corn syrup blood!!
I agree on both counts. I hate CGI blood effects. I wasn't so bothered with it in Ninja Assassin because the movie was mad anyway, but in most horrors it just looks shite.

An FB page my fellow fans might like;

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115713981794038

It could do with some activity.
Old 20th June 2010, 05:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I thought Ninja Assassin was dire ... maybe it was because it was literally FULL of CGI gore!! Most of the later Romero zombie movies are too .... but then again they were dire ..... (no, stop! don't get into that argument again!!!)

Old 20th June 2010, 05:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I enjoyed Ninja Assassin for what it was. But i can wholeheartedly see why the majority of movie fans hated it. The use of CG blood in the later Dead movies was horrible and unnecessary.

Like this? Share it using the links below!