Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:27 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought this was an astonishing piece of work and it made me realise what it must be like to sit in your living room with a madman! Possession makes for some truly uncomfortable viewing it in a way that is hardwired to the subject material and the acting perfectly suits the themes and sense of growing psychosis and paranoia.

I reviewed the recent R2 release just before it was released and it is one of those films that I really want to watch again. If you're interested, my review is at Film 365.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

the second sight dvd (which is lovely) i received for my birthday....a strange strange film....id put it with Themroc & Stalker...but then i would...harumph.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I MUST get this DVD - I haven't seen it since the VTC video.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:24 AM
Cultist in Training

I love this film. The first time blew me away, i liked it but had no idea why, i was completely baffled by the end. The second time was fantastic. Ideas id been forming since the first time were linking up, and i loved it.

I found that after watching it, i felt a small sense of euphoria or serenity. As if i had been in the grip of the film, and at the end i had been released from it. It was quite hard to explain to my housemates why i was so happy afterwards while they were in a state of shock, but im sure you guys know what i mean about the film taking hold of (or even possessing) you!
Old 4th February 2011, 12:35 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

I reviewed the recent R2 release just before it was released and it is one of those films that I really want to watch again. If you're interested, my review is at Film 365.
In your review you suggest that the film has been pre-cut, are you sure? I dont have my copy to hand as i lent it to someone, but i thought the case said it was uncut?
Old 4th February 2011, 07:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cabbage View Post
In your review you suggest that the film has been pre-cut, are you sure? I dont have my copy to hand as i lent it to someone, but i thought the case said it was uncut?
That's a guess rather than a definitive statement because of what I had read about the 'miscarriage' scene in the underground passage. It didn't seem to be as lengthy or detailed as some people have said it should be i.e. something about the 'foetus' having eyes and looking at her?
Old 14th February 2011, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's a guess rather than a definitive statement because of what I had read about the 'miscarriage' scene in the underground passage. It didn't seem to be as lengthy or detailed as some people have said it should be i.e. something about the 'foetus' having eyes and looking at her?
I don't recall seeing anything like that in the recent release.
Old 18th March 2011, 05:15 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I borrowed this off a friend recently. Certainly a very intriguing film. Beautiful visuals and the lead actress is absolutely stunning in it. Not the easiest film to make sense of but I'm determined to make sense of it
Old 19th March 2011, 12:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I saw this film a month or so ago, it was a recommendation from Mark Kermode. It was a great film and in fact the more I think about it the more I think it's a masterpiece.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default good luck with that then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by necroluciferia View Post
I borrowed this off a friend recently. Certainly a very intriguing film. Beautiful visuals and the lead actress is absolutely stunning in it. Not the easiest film to make sense of but I'm determined to make sense of it
well ive watched it on and off for about 10 years, still weirds me out.

Like this? Share it using the links below!