Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   3 from the 80s (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/4045-3-80s.html)

dis 4th December 2010 07:04 PM

3 from the 80s

Hi all,does anyone on here remember a film called "the redeemer"?
Have got this in my watching on e bay!
Saw this when i was a kid and seem to remember it being good?
I bet theres a few on here that remembers "screamtime"!Bit like CreepShow,but with 3 short stories,punch and judy,fairies in the garden and?Cant remember the other!
Does anyone own this and can you still get it?
And who else loved "SlaughterHigh"?

Sargento 5th December 2010 04:00 PM

Oooh Dis I love The Redeemer! Or Son of Satan! I had it on the old Derran VHS. Low budget, cheap but somewhat ... redeeming! :dance: Code Red were going to release it but I think they are going bust.

Screamtime was on the old EV label, had this on VHS too ... remember it was 3 short stories too, Punch and Judy one was called Thats The Way To Do it ... then there was Do You Believe In Fairies and Dreamhouse. Very good fun

I used to love the packaging for Slaughter High .... bright green with a jesters mask. A guy was burned with acid and gets his revenge ...or does he?

I bet you remember the old film Whodunnit too? again on EV.

The guy selling the Redeemer is someone from here .. nice guy, bought from him before. Seems Code Red did get it out after all.

dis 5th December 2010 06:48 PM

Yep,whodunnit!
Remember the acid shower scene,and think this was on the front cover along with a chainsaw?
Anybody else remember any forgotten 80s horror!
Slaughter high had a scene with a sit on lawn mower being dropped on someone,i believe?
Marty was the kid burnt with acid i think?
quote "talk dirty to me "!

Sargento 5th December 2010 06:52 PM

The song from Whodunnit:

"Boil me, boil me boil me, face to face. Burn me, burn me, burn me face to face.... "

The song could be heard in the background, normally on the radio to the theme of the method of killing.

:nod:

dis 5th December 2010 07:07 PM

Good era the 80s for horror i think!
Best era?

Sargento 5th December 2010 07:22 PM

There is a thread for this Dis .. I think the 70s won .. just .. but the golden year of 80s horror was 1985 ... some real classics.

unclefred 6th December 2010 04:33 PM

Code Red just released Redeemer, it's available online from the usual retailers. They also just released The Cursed Medallion and Terminal Island.

Vampix 7th December 2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115579)
There is a thread for this Dis .. I think the 70s won .. just .. but the golden year of 80s horror was 1985 ... some real classics.

1985 was the year of the zombie with Day of the Dead, Re-Animator and Return of the Living Dead being released that year. :cool:

caprioni 16th December 2010 08:42 PM

Scream Time

I had this on big box VHS, the best story was the second about haunted house which featured a really chilling throat slashing.

The Punch & Judy part was good as well, pretty sure Joey Boswell sporting an epic perm was in it.

The last story was something to do with Gnomes......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th December 2010 08:45 PM

I've got the Code Red disc of The Redeemer-and from what I remember they apologise on the back of the box for the not quite up to scratch pic quality!
Still not explored it yet.....